About Power Almanac:
Power Almanac enables subscribers to prospect local governments with confidence by providing the most complete, accurate, and powerful contact data for local government decision-makers. We are a high-quality, data-as-a-service business providing critical marketing data to companies who market and sell goods and services to the $1 trillion US local government market. Power Almanac subscribers comprise a broad range of industries, with the common denominators being that they actively target city and county governments across the US, and they use Power Almanac data to fuel their marketing and sales efforts.
Power Almanac, a GovExec platform, is seeking an entrepreneurial and driven Account Executive. In this role, you will be responsible for generating new business to connect clients with ROLE Intelligence for the local government (counties, municipalities, townships) markets. You will collaborate with our content/data platforms that contain business from our state & local verticals including The Atlas, RouteFifty, GCN & City & State.
You will be getting the best of both worlds, joining a dynamic data & technology platform like Power Almanac and a 50-year-old leading content platform, GovExec. As the Account Executive, you will collaborate across GovExec sales teams and will report directly to the Vice President of Data Sales.
- Execute sales plans
- Create new opportunities to sell Power Almanac individually or as part of a broader marketing and sales bundle resulting from your own outbound research.
- Generate 9-12 appointments, in conjunction with SDR support, each week and maintain all meeting & pipeline information in CRM
- Respond to leads and qualify prospects over the phone
- Schedule and perform remote demonstrations
- Develop relationships with local government marketers, decision-makers, and influencers who oversee marketing, sales, business development, and strategic planning.
- Utilize deep client knowledge and relationships to understand marketing intelligence “pain points” and promote solutions with key client decision-makers.
- Close new business with companies that sell to local governments.
- Participate in networking events and industry conferences to drive pipeline growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is a plus
- 3-5+ years of experience;
- Selling data products within the software, information services, professional services/advisory, or technology industry. Experience selling in the local government sector is especially a plus.
- Selling marketing solutions is a big plus
- Experience selling for a large organization ($100m+ or 500+ employees) is a plus.
- Able to understand and relate to client needs while demonstrating demand-gen DaaS/SaaS product offerings.
- Strong prospecting, presentation, and closing skills. You are a quick learner and a self-starter who is strongly motivated to go after new business and conduct outbound outreach.
- Experience & desire to manage the entire sales process including prospecting needs analysis & closing. Interest to acquire new business will be key.
- Goal-oriented sales approach; proven track record of meeting monthly, quarterly and annual goals.
- Be able to consult with, build relationships, and close business with key stakeholders.
- Experience working with a CRM
GovExec’s data and insights set the standard for depth, accuracy, and impact for government leaders and contractors. As the market-leading information and intent-based marketing platform, for over fifty years GovExec has empowered the government ecosystem to engage and support government leaders as they work to achieve their missions across federal, defense, and state and local agencies. Our strategic sales enablement and intent-based marketing solutions accelerate revenue growth to fuel market success. The platform is powered by the largest and most sophisticated database in the public sector, GovExec’s platform reaches 3.3 million government influencers each month and provides its marketing clients with a significant competitive advantage in driving higher conversion and growth.
Working at GovExec
At GovExec, we believe that a new era of work -- particularly when, where, and how it gets done -- has arrived. We are building a hybrid workplace that allows for greater freedom and flexibility while also fostering a collaborative culture, no matter where you are working. GovExec offers permanent remote work in 20+ states across the US, as well as the option to work out of one of our offices based in Washington DC, New York or San Diego. GovExec also offers a range of great benefits including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Open time off policy
- Twelve weeks paid parental leave
- Supportive, collaborative teams
- Unique opportunity to help government officials from a private sector company
- Expansive learning and development opportunities
GovExec recruits talent for four salient attributes or qualities:
- Soul of Entrepreneurship
- Culture of Inclusion
- Force of Ideas
- Spirit of Generosity
Government Executive Media Group, Inc. and its affiliates ("GovExec") are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate against our applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by applicable law.