At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Administrative Assistant II reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Greets customers and responds to general and specific inquiries that require advanced departmental knowledge and critical thinking skills.
- Independently collects information and coordinates preparation of reports. Identifies and assesses issues and opportunities for improvement and implements changes following managerial review.
- Maintains department schedule by coordinating calendars for department personnel, arranging meetings, conferences, teleconferences and travel with minimal direction.
- In collaboration with management, creates and maintains operating procedures and guidelines.
- Reads, researches and routes correspondence: drafts letters and documents; collects and analyzes information and initiates telecommunications.
- Delivers and/or coordinates the delivery of documents and materials as required.
- Maintains equipment in good working order.
- Records meeting discussions by attending meetings and recording key discussions and conclusions.
- Supports accounts receivable/payable processing.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Two (2) to five (5) years experience in a relevant role.
- College studies and/or a minimum of two years providing office services
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office Software.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.