*Seeking candidates with experience in retail/sales and/or marketing setting. Applicants with interest in or exposure to Aesthetic or Plastic Surgery physician practices are encouraged to apply.
Independently performs high level technical and administrative work supporting the division or unit. Serves as a project manager for a variety of special projects; conducts special studies and analyses and makes recommendations to resolve organizational, procedural and system problems. Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms control, supplies inventory, and office layout. Implements changes independently for areas of responsibility. For issues outside responsibility, makes recommendations and, following managerial review, implements changes. Uses organizational software applications to research and prepare documents and presentations. Collects, analyzes, and manage data. Manages calendar; sets meeting priorities; identifies objectives of meetings and identifies materials needed for meeting; exercises judgment to ensure appropriate parties attend meeting. Screens incoming email, mail and telephone calls to assign priority, route as needed, identify additional resources needed to address and/or respond to the communication. Independently plans and executes events, activities, and meetings. Assists with creation, preparation, and distribution of materials to be presented to all levels of organizational staff. Reads, researches, and routes correspondence while maintaining security and confidentiality of highly sensitive information. Authors responses on behalf of director or department . Develops and maintains relationships with all internal and external customers including patients, providers, staff and vendors . Records meeting discussions by attending meetings and recording key discussions and conclusions. May perform other duties as assigned.
• Independently performs high level technical and administrative work supporting an attending plastic surgeon and the division or unit he/she is responsible for.
• Performs schedule maintenance activities such as opening and closing clinic templates and coordinates care alternatives for patients impacted by changes.
• Registers patients and schedules or coordinates the scheduling of appointments. Provides patient education information and/or materials as needed.
• Answers all incoming inquiries from patients, providers, staff and others related to all aspects of practice operations.
• Facilitates the resolution/prevention of billing errors and denials including obtaining pre-certifications or referrals as needed.
• Maintains a strong relationship with patients, internal providers and staff, external hospital departments, physician offices and vendors.
• Communicates with patients and/or clinical staff as necessary to ensure patient compliance with prescribed treatment plan.
• Assists Practice Manager with data collection and analysis related to physician productivity and resource utilization.
• Supports department with other projects, including social media and department web-site maintenance.
- Associate's degree.
- 3-5 years experience in a business office with a strong emphasis on database management and customer service.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to organize and think independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor of Arts degree or business equivalent.
- 5 years business experience.