- Functional and context expert user of EDW: Use of Microsoft SQL Server to query EDW and SQL Server Business Intelligence Studio to develop web-based interactive reports.
- Work with business users to define requirements, formulate queries, validate results, and generate reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Develop a working knowledge of data structures of hospital systems in EDW such as electronic medical record and billing databases.
- Analyzes large data sets, evaluates data quality, statistical programming (SAS, SPSS, S-PLUS, R, or equivalent) to analyze data, and interpreting results.
- Data modeling & implementation of functional data marts to answer business questions.
- Conduct descriptive and inferential statistical analyses.
- Additional Functions: Continuously develop working knowledge of data analytics/business intelligence.
- Other responsibilities in support of organizational priorities.
- 2 or more years of experience working in a role relevant to this role.
- Experience in software programming, especially object oriented programming.
- Bachelors in business, engineering, mathematics, computer science, or related field.
- Proven software competencies i.e. power user of Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Flexible/adaptable - ability to work with diverse group of healthcare professionals.
- Effective problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources.
- Understanding of process improvement methodologies.
- Statistics knowledge and experience.
- Previous healthcare industry experience.
- SQL Server proficiency demonstrated by one to three years working experience in SQL programming.
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (e.g., HBase, Cassandra, Mongo DB, CouchBase) a plus working knowledge of distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.).