Oversee manufacturing operations shift with the objective of maximizing productivity of quality products while minimizing costs. Ensure that all processes are being followed in the completion of work tasks. Provide instruction and guidance to employees and audit work processes and products to confirm production specifications are met. Oversee operations, maintenance, and purchase and stocking of supplies and raw materials. Maintain and updates daily production records and produces reports as necessary. Ensure that safety procedures are followed by all employees.
- Able to apply principles of rational systems to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
- Able to perform arithmetic, algebraic, and geometric procedures in standard practical applications.
- Able to read and interpret work instructions. Read safety rules, instructions in the use and maintenance of shop tools and equipment and methods and procedures in mechanical drawing and layout work.
- Able to communicate effectively in writing using proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech.
- Job requires ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.