As a member of KSB’s admissions team, the Assistant Director of Admissions participates actively in the recruitment and selection of prospective students across the entire portfolio of graduate business programs, including external representation on behalf of Kogod at recruiting events. In conjunction with the Director and other Assistant Director, the position is responsible for all facets of graduate admissions, including applicant advisement and outreach. The position works with graduate assistants and/or work study students to facilitate the completion of on-going special projects. The position is also responsible for day-to-day communication with prospective and admitted students, and participates in admission decisions and scholarship review processes.
- The position reports directly to the Director of Admissions along with another Assistant Director of Admissions
- As needed, the position may also supervise the daily work of assigned student assistants
The position serves as a first point of contact for all prospective and admitted graduate students in the Kogod School of Business
This position shares in the management of an average volume of 1200 applications per year through the full admission cycle, including all formal and informal communications
This position also independently manages I-20 and visa process for all incoming international graduate students
Responsibilities include the planning and management of 10-12 recruitment events per cycle, including oversight of relevant budget expenses; participation in recruitment events and travel 4-6 times per season; and assistance as needed with the conversion of up to 200 undergraduates per year
This position requires direct and frequent interaction with key external and internal constituencies including prospective students, alumni, professional associations, business entities, faculty, and university staff
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Sr Coordinator/Sr Analyst B
- Commensurate with experience
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of work experience in admissions, academic advising, sales/customer service, or other relevant transferrable professional experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Technological competency in Microsoft Office, database management, and internet applications
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to establish working relationships with multiple constituencies
- Commitment to working with diverse populations including international students
- Familiarity with a university environment including the organizational and administrative functions of a major college and university
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on the successful completion of a background check
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log into AsuccessfulU through the myAU portal. Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com.
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.