Assistant Director of Athletics and Intramurals/Recreation (Student Fee Funded FT)
Position Title: Assistant Director of Athletics and Intramurals/Recreation (Student Fee Funded FT)
Department: Student Life
Campus: Allegheny Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than November 11, 2022. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. This position is a student fee funded.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Work Hours (for hourly positions): Monday - Friday; 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Salary Grade: Admin 14 - $52,697
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Student Funded Full-Time
Job Slot: S029
Job Open Date: 10/28/2022
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Promotes, coordinates and administers program, events and activities for students outside of the classroom setting, which may include intercollegiate athletics, intramurals, recreational activities, social and cultural events, student clubs and organizations and/or student publications. As a part of the job responsibilities associated with this position, knowledge of rules and regulations set forth by the NJCAA and conference should be maintained, reviewed and practiced to ensure compliance relative to those applicable duties. Works with Student-athletes on their success on and off the field. Coordinates athletic, intramural/recreation responsibilities and events with the college community.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree in related field (Master's degree preferred) and a minimum of three years of related experience. Ability to multitask, plan successful activities and adhere to budgets, insurance, policies, and procedures. Strong knowledge of social media platforms, graphic design platforms, and general technology. Good interpersonal communication, people and leadership skills. Strong experience coordinating student programs, athletics, community engagement. Ability to work with a diverse student population. Travel to other college locations and to locations for athletic events is required. Evening and weekend hours are required.
1. Works with college leadership on enrollment management and retention initiatives.
2. Responsible for the oversight, direction, and management of the academic support systems and student-athlete welfare.
3. Coordinates the recording of statistics for all home athletic events and contests (Required usage of PrestoStats, StatCrew, NJCAA Live Stats or some other approved software platform for inputting required statistics).
4. Assists in the development and management of diversity, gender equity and inclusion programming. Serves as a key decision-maker involved in the department of intercollegiate athletics.
5. Serves as liaison to Enrollment Services, Academic Affairs, Faculty, Academic Advisors, Counseling, and the Dean of Students Office.
6. Leads priority registration process and monitors student-athletes progress towards degree.
7. Assists the Director of Athletics to ensure compliance with and programming for diversity, equity, and inclusion guidelines and initiatives.
8. Directs student-athlete welfare, leadership development, and department wide educational programming.
9. Leads community engagement activities.
10. Maintains knowledge of NJCAA rules and regulations.
11. Gathers data, compiles information, maintains records and prepares reports.
12. Assists in the operations of the Fitness Centers with the Executive Director of Athletics, including providing a safe workout atmosphere for students, staff and faculty.
13. Schedules/coordinates events including intercollegiate varsity matches.
14. Processes athletic paperwork including invoices, game contracts, athletic eligibility and student paperwork.
15. Coordinates Campus Cupboard Operations at Allegheny.
16. Assists with Esports intramural program college-wide.
17. Coordinates open-gym and intramural/recreational activities college-wide.
18. Assists the Student Life and Engagement department in programming and projects college-wide.
19. Schedules/coordinates events including intramural matches, regionally and college-wide.
20. Performs other duties as required or as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://apptrkr.com/3585795
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.