At the direction of the store manager, the assistant manager position oversees all areas of operations (restaurant, bar, and retail divisions) to include: staff development, training, scheduling work shifts, opening and closing the store, maintaining/reporting daily sales and financials, managing inventory reports, sales, ordering, receiving and physical inventory. Assists the store manager with developing and implementing plans to ensure long-term success and provides and promotes elevated customer service.
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
Sets pace for the facility and models desired behaviors to generate sales and build customer relationships.
Ensures implementation and adherence of procedures, goals, and objectives for all business operations.
Accomplishes department objectives by supervising, coaching and empowering employees, organizing and monitoring work processes.
Oversees the actual work, train new employees in their jobs, provide input with performance reviews, and create work schedules.
Manages inventory reports, sales, ordering, receiving, physical inventory.
Assists store manager in the areas of purchasing, ordering, merchandising, marketing.
Performs operations functions ensuring Company standards and policies are met for facility opening and closing, cash and media handling, back office management procedures.
Prepares and submits reports to include daily sales and financials.
Maintains safe and healthy work environment by enforcing organization and food safety standards and adhering to legal regulations.
Protects Company assets and minimizing loss by ensuring all store policies and procedures are met including: workplace safety, risk management and loss prevention.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED), required.
- 2+ years of relevant experience, required.
- Strong customer focus, ability to develop vendor & client relationships, market knowledge, results driven.
- Experience tracking budget expenses, pricing, strategic planning, preferred.
- Experience with POS systems and Microsoft Office applications necessary.
- Computer skills.
- Experience acting as a lead by providing training, guidance or mentoring to less experienced staff or managing processes and projects, preferred.
- Strong interpersonal relations & communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Must possess strong food knowledge, food merchandising skills and experience in a wide variety of non-perishable food merchandising selling and retail operations.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends and be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.