Job Description Summary
Perform technical and analytical procedures within Financial Operations. Responsible for oversight of accounting processes, maintaining confidentiality of process and procedure documentation; processing management requests from staff and other business partners; investigating and resolving financial transactions; performing monthly accruals and the monthly close in a timely and proficient manner. Review and evaluate procedures to ensure efficiency in processing and interfacing transactions between accounting systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Transaction Processing: Support Financial Operations daily data processing, monthly accrual, general ledger posting and monthly close.
- Perform analysis of financial and non-financial transactions.
- Collaborate with internal and external customer to execute on business needs.
- Assist in the design of financial reports utilizing PeopleSoft, Workday, ADP and Chrome River systems.
- Lead special projects as required, including leading and/or participating on cross-functional teams to provide a financial perspective.
- Oversee and maintain process and procedure documentation and ensure that electronic versions are appropriately organized in Teams.
- Assist in training Financial Operation's staff on applicable processes.
- Process Monitoring: Design and maintain process compliance monitoring reports.
- Identify and evaluate compliance monitoring exceptions and recommend actions improve.
- Assist in reviewing and evaluating month end processes to ensure efficiency.
- Edit PeopleSoft, Workday, ADP or Chrome River queries and request required system improvements to meet process needs.
- Monitor and notify unit management of accounting policy compliance issues.
- Facilitate Financial Operations process improvement initiatives.
- Management Reporting: Remain current on Financial Operation processes, as well as related reconciliation and reporting requirements.
- Complete and review monthly account reconciliations and complete necessary follow-up.
- Prepare and distribute accurate and timely monthly reports to management and other staff.
- Develop financial reports and processes for various business activities.
Required Education, Certifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1 year Accounting experience, including all aspects of the monthly close process, transaction processing and cash management.
- 1 year Experience researching accounting issues, performing complex reconciliations and understanding unique financial situations.
- Accounting experience, including all aspects of the monthly close process, transaction processing and cash management.
- Familiarity with financial applications
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work with highly confidential information in a highly accurate and secure manner.
- Ability to understand complex accounting transactions.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple priorities/projects under tight timeframes with a sense of urgency.
- Strong communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
Preferred Education, Certifications and Experience
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft, Workday, ADP and/or Chrome River
- Experience communicating (written and verbal) complex accounting issues to management, auditors and other staff.
- Knowledge and understanding of internal controls.
- 3 years Accounting experience, including all aspects of the monthly close process, transaction processing and cash management.
- 3 years' Experience researching accounting issues, performing complex reconciliations and understanding unique financial situations.
People Management - No