The Associate Consultant, Social Media is responsible for daily monitoring of social media, websites, and email to identify, escalate, engage, and report online conversations. The Associate Consultant, Social Media will coordinate efforts with independent BCBS companies to identify and resolve questions, concerns, and complaints from members and non-members.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Read, assess, categorize and action questions, concerns, complaints directed to BCBSA on social media and other digital channels.
- When appropriate, share conversations or issues with relevant independent BCBS companies and serve as a liaison between BCBSA and relevant community management teams to ensure timely action.
- Monitor social media, websites, and email accounts for mentions of BCBSA, BCBS companies, executives, or associated topics.
- Effectively use digital, news and social media monitoring tools such as Sprinklr, Cision, Talkwalker, Hootsuite, Google Trends, and other related tools to monitor and assess online conversations related to BCBS.
- Coordinate internal teams and resources to escalate and resolve issues relating to online conversations.
- Maintain a list of frequently asked questions for regular review.
- Synthesize and create high-level insights on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis regarding online comments and conversations.
Required Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in public relations, journalism, English, marketing communications or related field
- One to three years of professional experience in community management, digital marketing, public relations, journalism, or marketing communications.
- Skilled writer with experience in public relations, web and social media writing
- Knowledge of the modern media landscape, with demonstrated interest and experience with social media platforms
- High level of organization, with a commitment to accuracy and completeness
- Experience with digital/social media and common office software, including Microsoft Office suite and common database technology.
Preferred Basic Qualifications:
- Experience in healthcare strongly preferred
- Experience with media and marketing data analytics, including information gathering, analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge of digital monitoring and reporting tools preferred. Examples include Google tools, Cision, TrendKite, Talkwalker, Sprinklr, MuckRack
- Ability to work individually and within a team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a changing environment
- Versatile team player who is comfortable under pressure and can process large amounts of iinformation quickly
- Ability to problem-solve and make good decisions in ambiguous and unfamiliar situations.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision, both written and verbally, and translate complex data analytics into easy-to-understand concepts
- Ability to learn terminology and assess information about healthcare, policy, or other topics
- Highly organized and able to multi-task in a changeable environment
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with all levels of a complex organization
- Data compilation, analysis and reporting
- Understanding of basic budgeting principals: forecasting, reconciliation and reporting
Equal Opportunity Employer
Blue Cross Blue Shield Association is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristics