Job Summary and Primary Responsibilities
We are looking for people just like you to help us achieve our mission to transform surgery, advance care, and change lives. Our Dayton-area team of spine technology leaders is looking for talent that's ready to disrupt traditional thinking, help improve lives and keep pushing the industry forward.
As an Associate Distribution Coordinator, you will initiate, maintain, and compile records associated with ordering, receiving, storing, issuing, and shipping materials, supplies, and equipment. You will package and prepare products and merchandise for final shipment and post weights and shipping charges. Prepare and maintain records of merchandise shipped as well as review customer orders, examine, stock, and distribute merchandise, products, and materials in the distribution center.
- Compares nomenclature, stock numbers, and other listed information on packing slips to verify the accuracy of purchase orders and shipping orders
- Compiles and performs data entry tasks to maintain inventory, purchasing, shipping, and other records; use data sources such as contracts, purchase orders, invoices, requisitions, etc.
- Verifies inventory computations against physical count of stock and adjusts errors and documents discrepancies with proposed corrective action
- Maintains manual or computerized records such as material inventory, in-process production reports, and status of material locations
- Compiles information on receipt of disbursement of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies, and computes inventory balance, price, and cost
- Packages materials and equipment ensuring that shipping documentation is accurate and materials are protected adequately for shipment; determines most efficient and economical routing and mode of transportation
- Initiates investigations into causes of misdirected shipments, damage or shortages in shipments, or overcharges in freight cost
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills / Capabilities
- Basic proficiency with MS Office software, document management software, and ability to navigate the Internet
- Possesses interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
Education and Experience
- Typically requires less than 1 year of related experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Travel and/or Physical Requirements
- Must be able to work while standing and walking 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 40 pounds
For roles that require access to hospital facilities, must be eligible for and maintain credentials at all required hospitals, including meeting any applicable physical requirements or vaccination requirements (including the COVID-19 vaccine, as applicable).
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The "EEO is the Law" poster options are available here . NuVasive's EEO policy is available here .
About NuVasive NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, with a mission to transform surgery, advance care, and change lives. The Company's less-invasive, procedurally integrated surgical solutions are designed to deliver reproducible and clinically proven outcomes. The Company's comprehensive procedural portfolio includes surgical access instruments, spinal implants, fixation systems, biologics, software for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative neuromonitoring technology and service offerings. With more than $1 billion in net sales, NuVasive has approximately 2,700 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals, and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com .