Responsible for assisting the Assistant General Counsel, Brand & Policy in providing professional legal services to internal and external clients. Primary focus of this position is provision legal support to primary internal clients, such as Commercial Market Solutionss, the Office of Clinical Affairs and the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Institute on legal, regulatory and compliance issues. The position serves as an internal consultant and/or subject matter expert to provide counseling to BCBSA and Plan personnel, as needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partner with the Market Solutions team to provide Inter-Plan Programs policy review and interpretation for the division's programs (e.g. BlueCard, government programs); assist Market Solutions staff with contracting efforts, including review and interpretation of existing contracts or the negotiation of new contracts or amendments including data use agreements; address legal and compliance issues related to healthcare regulations, antitrust and privacy law and other relevant areas; review marketing collateral and meeting materials; provide support to IPP governance bodies and attend as needed meetings of the governance bodies.
- Counsel the Office of Clinical Affairs (OCA) regarding policies and procedures, legal issues in connection with clinical matters, attend as needed meetings of, clinical and advisory workgroup provide legal support to the OCA and Strategic Services divisions with regards to health care quality, research initiatives and the CHM Hub. Provide legal support to the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Institute, including the drafting and negotiation of contracts, review of marketing materials and counseling on legal, regulatory and compliance issues. Provide legal counseling to other divisions, such as GPO Information Security and OPR, needed.
Required Basic Qualifications:
- Law degree, admission to a state bar.
- Minimum of three years' legal practice experience in one or more of the following areas: contracts, healthcare regulations,corporate law, health law, HIPAA/privacy, litigation, and/or health insurance law.
Preferred Basic Qualifications:
- Proven ability in legal research, analysis and drafting.
- An awareness of the legal environment in which Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans and the Association operates.
- Strong organizational and quantitative skills, as well as demonstrated ability in project and time management.
- Ability to maintain a strong presence in client meetings and while representing the Association's interests through professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work with top management with the Association and the Plans through a responsive client-oriented approach.
- Knowledge of relevant healthcare regulations, antitrust law, ERISA and HIPAA/privacy law.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Blue Cross Blue Shield Association is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristics.