The Associate Vice President of Facilities Services will provide information and advice to the Vice President, Facilities Management, on all matters pertaining to personnel, fiscal management operational project status and the development of new programs within each of the areas under his/her control.
- Provide leadership, mentoring, planning and execution of Facilities Services Operations including the day to day operational oversight of skilled trades, custodial services
landscaping/ snow removal operations, preventative maintenance, mail services, fleet maintenance, work order center and warehouse operations.
- Responsible for developing work plans and measuring overall unit performance and goal attainment. Manage and evaluate resources and financial budgeting for all subgroups within the department.
- Responsible for building a positive safety culture and ensuring overall EHS compliance issues within the Facilities Services operation.
- Establish operational benchmarking, maintenance and repair schedules and appropriate tracking systems, assign work, and train unit supervisors. Ensure that all preventative maintenance assignments are completed in a timely manner including task scheduling, tracking, record filing and quality assurance.
- Ensure direct and regular collaboration with Capital Planning and Construction regarding master planning and project implementation, relating to ultimate operational oversight requirements.
- Develops long term strategy for positioning the organization to respond to the growing campus and evolving community needs.
- Regularly inspect buildings, mechanical areas and grounds to ensure compliance with University standards and life safety requirements.
- Oversee facilities condition assessments in order to establish priorities for facility repair replacement or capital renewal. Assist in the development of proposals to initiate work and capital projects, coordination and review of contract documents, and contractor compliance with University standards.
- Responsible for contracting with external trades and monitoring performance, work schedules and compliance with design criteria, specifications and contract documents.
- Build effective and productive relationships with representatives of other University departments and administrators at all levels.
- Oversee department supervisors and encourage/facilitate participation by unit personnel in professional development programs and opportunities to increase skills, knowledge base and competencies. Be a champion for departmental safe work practices.
- Perform committee work assignments as requested.
- Serve on the Universities negotiating committee for collective bargaining matters and hears step 2 departmental union grievances.
- Represents the capital renewal efforts and needs for prioritization within the University's long range capital planning.
Full-Time Equivalent Hiring Range: $149,100 to $186,400; salary commensurate with relevant experience.
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.