TCF Bank currently has an opening for a BSA Specialist at our Plymouth Corporate Office
The BSA Specialist Reviews customer profiles and transactions on deposit and/or non-deposit accounts to ensure compliance with applicable Customer Identification Program (CIP) and Bank Secrecy Act reporting requirements.
Specific job duties of this position:
- Provides assistance to affected departments and employees in relation to inquiries regarding (CIP) requirements, Currency Transaction Reports (CTR's), Monetary Instrument Logs (MIL's), TCF Hot File and Shared Fraud records, and the BSA and economic sanction regulations.
- Detects, analyzes, and reports unusual activity or red flags in customer profiles or activity that may require filing an Unusual Activity Escalation Form (UAEF).
- Updates and maintain department databases and storage files per regulatory record retention policies.
- Detects, analyzes, and prepares Currency Transaction Reports (CTR's) and Monetary Instrument Logs (MIL's).
- Investigates deposit account alerts for TCF Hot file and Shared Fraud matches and/or CIP red flags; completion of a BSA escalation or account closure, when applicable.
- Screens deposit and non-deposit customers and accounts against various regulatory and law enforcement agency lists for potential matches; completion of a BSA escalation or law enforcement reporting, when applicable.
- Drafts customer, line of business, internal BSA, and Central Branch Banking correspondence to communicate account closures, escalations, and/or customer information program documentation requests, when applicable.
Candidates for this position must meet the following requirements:
- High school education or equivalent.
- Two or more years' experience in retail branch, corporate operations, or similar Know-Your-Customer (KYC) or CIP position, or 0-2 years' experience with four-year degree.
- Knowledge of concepts, practices and compliance techniques for the financial services industry and knowledge or familiarity with Bank Secrecy Act is preferred
- Exposure to or knowledge of various regulatory agencies.
- Must also be able to demonstrate proficiency with the following skills:
- Very good co mmunication skills both written and verbal
- Solid analytical skills; logically and operationally minded with attention to risk management.
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Ability to interact effectively with staff, a must.
- Excellent investigative, analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete deliverables in a timely, effective manner.
- Demonstrated familiarity and competency in using in-house software and AML compliance monitoring systems.
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite of products and Internet
TCF is affiliated with TCF Financial Corporation, a financial holding corporation based in Minnesota. We have banking offices in Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Colorado, Wisconsin, Indiana, Arizona and South Dakota.
Our goal is to be the most convenient bank in the markets we serve. We are looking for employees who value honesty, integrity, ethical behavior, and putting The Customer First. If you have those traits, we invite you to apply at TCF.
TCF encourages open employee communications and promotes from within whenever possible.
We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits plan, and opportunities for career advancement. For more details on our benefits, click on the Employee Benefits link on our career page.
Proud to be an equal opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law. TCF is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.