At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Behavioral Health Counselor reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This role is responsible for providing high quality services that promote optimal social, emotional, and behavioral functioning. They provide intensive case management and community support individual/group services to adults in DeKalb County both in office and natural settings (i.e. home/community). This role provides services to adults suffering from Severe and Persistent Mental Illness (SPMI), which includes, but not limited to, Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective Disorder, Bipolar Disorder with Psychosis, Major Depressive Disorder with Psychosis, and PTSD.
- Under supervision, provides supportive counseling, case management, and community support services.
- Assesses patient and patients family needs, develops treatment plans, provides and evaluates patient care, and assists with discharge planning.
- Bachelors degree in related field.
- One year of experience interacting with clients for treatment of mental health
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to travel to and from multiple work sites and in the community on a daily basis.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.