This position is responsible for the administration and compliance of the Health and Welfare and Savings Plan programs. This individual provides leadership, direction and support to certain members of the Corporate Benefits team and field HR managers and generalists. Oversee and direct the management of vendors and day-to-day activities and ensure compliance for all Health and Welfare programs.
- Manage certain members of the Corporate Benefits team to ensure effective and compliant benefit administration for employees and participants.
- Oversee the management of the vendors for all Health & Welfare programs such as medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, HSA, life and disability to ensure they are meeting performance expectations, programs are set up and being administered as expected and participants are receiving the best level of service.
- Oversee the management of the Savings Plan vendors to ensure they are meeting performance expectations, the Plan is set up and being administered as expected and participants are receiving the best level of service.
- Create and monitor quality metrics with all vendors and test those metrics monthly or annually, as appropriate. This includes claim audits, test calls to the member services line as well as reviewing the member websites to ensure accuracy and effectiveness of the resources available to participants.
- Lead and manage the quarterly and year-end vendor meetings as well as any follow up items and deliverables from those meetings.
- Lead and manage the Annual Enrollment initiatives with the vendors (including the enrollment administrator) to meet critical deadlines. This includes communicating all Plan design changes for the new Plan year and providing sign off on any system changes, development of the carrier annual enrollment communications, ID card approval, ensuring the member websites, enrollment website and customer service centers are updated and trained with the new Plan information.
- Manage programs and implementation of new services, programs or vendors. Counsel the team to research and resolve participant issues and concerns timely. Recommend solutions. Respond timely, thoroughly and thoughtfully to all questions via email or phone throughout the year.
Interpret and implement legislative changes with advice from legal counsel to ensure all programs are compliant with applicable federal and state regulations.
- Complete the Savings Plan contribution postings, funding and reconciliation activities timely and thoroughly each week.
- Lead and manage all compliance related activities and requirements including Plan 5500s, audits, ACA and appeals.
- Manage acquisition integrations.
- Perform other related duties.
- Bachelor's degree in discipline related to functional work or equivalent experience that demonstrates ability to meet the job requirements.
- 8+ years of Benefits or Healthcare experience to include, compliance, vendor/program management and interpreting and applying legislative requirements.
- Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems. Must be able to consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions. Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions.
- Able to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems.
- Able to apply excellent business acumen and collaborative skills when resolving problems.
- Able to apply excellent functional computer knowledge in utilizing all Microsoft office programs, Oracle Cloud or other technical tools in completing assignments and extracting/analyzing data. Able to apply expertise in all the tools or applications used to complete work assignments.
- Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages and explain programs, policies and procedures in a clear manner.
Must be able to modify communication style both formal and informal to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted. Requires strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer. Able to write with the clarity and precision necessary for the work being performed.
- Must have a strong attention to details, problem solving skills, be an independent thinker and be self-directed/self-motivated. Requires a strong sense of urgency and complete follow through to full resolution when researching and responding to issues. Requires the ability to interact in a team environment and make decisions quickly.