Assist Bindery Operators by setting up and maintaining major or complex binding equipment (i.e. ink jet and mailing devices, power folders and power collators, power cutters, speed binder, in-line cover-inserter with four-knife trimmer). Interprets job orders for this equipment, plans necessary operations, and sets up and adjusts equipment. Monitor equipment during operations to ensure tolerances are being maintained. Make adjustments as necessary. Perform daily maintenance duties such as cleaning machinery to remove paper dust and lint, check pumps and other operating parts for proper lubrication, and lubricate equipment as needed.
- General knowledge to set up and maintain a variety of single function, hand and foot automated bindery machines, such as staplers, punches, drills and binding-glue devices.
- Under the direction of the operator, apply working knowledge assist in the set-up of more complicated binding machinery.
- Ability to make machine adjustments for differences in paper size or thickness, hole or margin distances, paper folds or other work requirements or material characteristics.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic and fractions. Ability to apply such knowledge while accurately locating materials on machine surfaces.
Skill in using hand tools (i.e. rulers, screwdrivers, wrenches) to make machine adjustments.
- Ability to set up, arrange, and hand collate as well as to fan, jog and stack various sizes of paper neatly.
- Job requires ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.