Northwestern Medicine is a growing, nationally recognized health system that provides world-class care at 10 hospitals and more than 200 locations in communities throughout Chicago, the suburbs and northern Illinois. Together with Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, we are pushing boundaries in our research labs, training the next generation of physicians and scientists, and pursuing excellence in patient care.
We value building relationships with our patients and their families, listening to their unique needs while providing individualized primary, specialty and hospital-based care. Our recent affiliations and ongoing growth make it possible for us to serve more patients, closer to where they live and work. While each of our locations has a unique story, Northwestern Medicine is unified under one mission - Patients First.
Northwestern Medicine Regional Medical Group is the premier provider of healthcare services in Chicago's west and northwest suburbs, with more than 600 primary care physicians and specialists. Our team works together to provide excellent patient care and exceptional patient experiences using models that follow best practices in outpatient and inpatient settings. RMG offers competitive compensation and benefits within a physician led work environment.
Northwestern Medicine Northwest Region has an outstanding opportunity for a breast surgeon in a community-based setting.The Northwestern Medicine Regional Medical Group (RMG) is seeking a BE/BC physician who is fellowship trained in breast surgery or surgical oncology with interest in breast cancer. Ideal candidate has interest in leading the expansion of the current breast surgery program into the Chicago Northwest suburbs.
The role is supported by the following breast surgery program infrastructure:
- Two multidisciplinary cancer centers with NAPBC certified programs in North/Northwest Region
- Experienced group of breast surgeons and multidisciplinary team that includes medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists and pathologists all with subspecialty interest in breast oncology
- Support from plastic surgery, surgical oncology and thoracic surgery
- Dedicated breast nurse navigator, genetic counselors, dietitians, social workers, financial counselors, prehab/rehab services, PT/OT lymphedema, LivingWell cancer resource center
- High risk breast clinic and survivorship program
- Multidisciplinary breast tumor board that meets weekly with teleconferencing
- Main cancer center campus includes Chicago Proton Center (only proton center in Illinois)
- Research opportunities include cooperative group and industry-sponsored breast cancer clinical trials, translational research, tumor banking and prospective clinical database
- Clinical appointment available at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- 100% breast position, no general surgery or trauma call responsibilities
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.