Gale Associates, Inc., a well-respected national engineering/planning firm celebrating over 58 years in business and rated one of Zweig White’s “Best Firms to Work For”, seeks a Building Enclosure & Structural Designer to join our Glastonbury, CT office.
- The selected candidate will serve as a Project Designer on a variety of projects focused on the evaluation, design and construction administration of building enclosures and structural support systems for roofs, facades, fenestrations, and waterproofing. Previous experience with exterior historic restoration of commercial structures is favorable.
- Includes structural evaluation and design for existing building renovations and support for structural requirements of building enclosure projects.
- Duties may include data collection, research, conducting field and forensic evaluations, technical reporting, development of design documents and specifications, preparation of calculations and reports, correspondence, and construction phase services.
- Acts as on-site liaison with client to represent Gale at meetings and project presentations.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Architectural Engineering and a minimum of 4+ years of professional experience in building enclosure renovations/rehabilitations.
- E. or RA Registration or ability to obtain registration is required.
- Proficient communication/presentation skills (both verbal and written), and computer efficiency (AutoCAD, MS Office, Revit, Bluebeam Revu).
- Sound understanding of building codes and compliance.
- Ability to work independently and/or as an integral member of a design team.
A competitive salary is only one part of the benefits that Gale provides to compensate and recognize staff. Gale offers a strong mentoring program that promotes advancement opportunities for all staff. In addition, Gale takes pride in our balanced work environment which includes monthly events that provide time for our Gale Team to socialize. Please visit our careers section at www.galeassociates.org for more details.
First-day coverage benefits including:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Insurance
- Delta Dental & EyeMed Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible work schedule/remote options
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan and Trust
- 3 weeks’ vacation accrual upon hire
- 12 annual paid holidays, competitive sick & personal time
- Tuition reimbursement program for continuing education programs
- College loan-repayment program
- Fully-paid Life/Disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Assistance programs
Gale is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity