Job Description Summary
Partner with stakeholders to elicit business requirements in support of BCBSA software applications. Provide input into various business models as well as Plan or Member facing communications. Identify application enhancements and provide input into release content. Understand various data domains to provide recommendations on workflows, data quality management, data reconciliation and data quality.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Gather and assess stakeholder inputs and perform analysis to elicit business requirements that support enhancements to emerging and existing business.
- Provides input into the analysis that supports the assessment of solution options including but not limited to consuming data via APIs, understanding master data management (MDM), and leveraging data analysis experience to make recommendations on technology (such as cloud platforms).
- Perform walkthrough of authored requirements with technical and user groups to confirm acceptance of business requirements, prototypes and UI mockups.
- Adhere to various software development methodologies. Ensure all authored artifacts are completed timely and updated as needed.
- Assist in the facilitation of authored requirements through to development, design, implementation and production support for new products and enhancements to existing software.
- Obtain agreement with stakeholders on implementing assigned enhancement and support the development workflows and/or policies and procedures. Prepare for and participate in stakeholder communication forums which may include workgroups, customer calls, emails, webinars, or training.
- Work with project team members or Sr. Business Analysts to ensure requirements are captured effectively. Analyze technical and functional requirements to validate that they align with authored business requirements.
- Research and identify opportunities for improvement and innovation based on industry/cross-industry knowledge and experience.
- Provide insights, information, data analytics, guidance and consulting support to Plans, internal and external stakeholders to solve business problems, support day-to-day product inquiries and product issue resolution. Includes: visualizing data to gain insight, providing business intelligence, creating and developing performance metrics.
- Provide research, input and/or editing for business documentation including, but not limited to, presentations, whitepapers, SOPs, implementation guides, reference materials, Web-based materials.
- Act as primary point of contact with several customers including internal technical staff and Plan business/technical staff related to BCBSA applications.
Required Education, Certifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, Information Systems, or a related discipline
- Minimum 3 years' experience specifying requirements for software applications
- Familiarity with one or more development lifecycle methodologies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint)
- Research, critical thinking, analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Effective organization, presentation and communications skills (oral and written)
- Strong inter-personal and customer relationship building skills
- Effective data analysis skills and elicitation of data management needs
Preferred Education, Certifications and Experience
- Experience working with complex, distributed systems
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield or Healthcare Industry experience
- Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA)
People Management - No