Who We Are:
At Avnet, relationships matter. We are a global, FORTUNE ® 500 technology distributor and solutions company that delivers design, supply chain and logistics expertise to customers at every stage of a product's lifecycle. Our employees have a front row seat to the latest innovations shaping the world we live in and the future we share. We're driven to help our customers around the world succeed and we do so by earning the trust of some of the biggest names in technology.
Working at Avnet means being a part of a global team. We work collaboratively and with integrity, doing business the right way. For more than a century, we have partnered together to help our customers, suppliers and teammates realize the transformative possibilities of technology. Experience what's next at Avnet!
We are Newark, part of Farnell Global, the fast and reliable distributor of products and technology for electronic and industrial system design, maintenance, and repair. From research and design through prototype to production, we are here to help you access the products and services you need 24/7. With more than 80 years of experience, 47 localized websites, and a dedicated team of over 3,500 employees, we provide every component you need to build the technology of tomorrow.
Farnell Global trades as Farnell in Europe, Newark in North America, and element14 throughout Asia Pacific. We also sell direct to consumers through a network of resellers, and our CPC business in the UK.
We have been part of the established global technology distributor, Avnet, since 2016. Today, this relationship allows us to support our customers at every stage of the product life cycle, offering a truly unique distribution model, as well as expertise in end-to-end delivery and product design.
Combines inside sales/customer service and technical/systems knowledge to sell products, services and solutions to new and existing customers/account base through a variety of inbound and outbound multimedia communications (e.g., telephone, email, fax, portals). Effectively develops and manages trusted relationships for assigned customers/accounts. Promotes company options and solutions to customers on a regular basis. Identifies sales opportunities to deliver focused market/brand solutions to the customer resulting in increased market share, sales and margin for suppliers and maximizing value to the company. Consistently delivers revenue or profit that supports and drives the account/customer to meet financial sales metrics.
- Delivers solutions or finds new opportunities for a positive customer experience utilizing independent judgment and sales methodology.
- Initiates and answers sales inquiries directly from/to prospective and/or existing customers to promote product offerings, services and capabilities.
- Promptly and accurately responds to prospective or existing customer information requests.
- Monitors/follows up on sales activities throughout the process to meet or exceed customer requirements from initial contact to order fulfillment.
- Maintains and expands sales with existing accounts through a high level of customer service and customer knowledge (e.g., Distribution Total Available Market (DTAM), projects in pipeline, critical start dates).
- Working in a team environment, proactively coordinates sales efforts and strategies with internal resources such as product, materials, field sales and suppliers.
- Effectively communicates with customers regarding current product information and provides accurate and detailed pricing, quotes, and input on products and final solutions.
- Coordinates existing customer requirements for inventories, delivery lead time and unit prices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications:
- Acquired and applies working knowledge of the organization, job, practices and procedures to be proficient in all aspects of job.
- Performs functions semi-routine in nature and recognizes the need for occasional alternative solutions.
- Work is performed independently, with minimal supervision. Able to establish priorities and manage time to complete work.
- Collaboration with other departments or customers/teams may be required to perform role. May frequently respond to requests from others, internally or externally.
- Impact of decisions may affect the department. Errors may result in loss of time, resources and/or customer satisfaction.
- Typically requires a minimum of two years of related experience.
Education and Certification(s):
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Possesses thorough knowledge of solutions or assigned products in a specific brand.
- Exhibits the ability to identify new qualified customers for inclusion in Avnet's portfolio of smaller and less complex accounts.
- Maybe required to occasionally travel to customer sites or attend training including some overnight travel.
- Intermediate knowledge of systems such as SAP, ERP, order management.
- Working knowledge of Excel skills allowing for problem solving, formulas, analysis, formatting and manipulation of data.
- Working knowledge of QuoteFX, SupplierWin, PowerPoint, WebEx.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Communication or Engineering preferred.
What We Offer:
Our employees work hard to live our values and help us grow. Our total rewards strategy supports Avnet's ability to attract, engage, develop, and reward our employees, while promoting a diverse and inclusive environment. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs - from time away and flexible working arrangements to programs supporting employee well-being and opportunities to give back to your community.
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401K and Pension Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Family Support (Paid Leave, Surrogacy, Adoption)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account / Flexible Spending Account
- Education Assistance
- Employee Development Resources
- Employee Wellness, Leadership Development and Mentorship Programs
Benefits listed above may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Avnet.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue hardship for the Company. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center at (888) 994-7669.