Job Description Summary
Responsible for the business oversight and end-to-end business & project delivery of IT projects. Oversees development, maintenance and support of advanced technology systems to meet the needs of business while integrating system and evolving technologies. Plans, directs and executes on project activities, partners with cross-functional teams and with customers to define IT strategies to achieve an optimum delivery of software products. Responsible for leading and managing delivery on multiple projects and responsible for all project related resource management, task-prioritization and development. Frequent Plan interactions via System Advisory Group or project communications to ensure business solutions meet Plan needs and implementation/budget concerns are understood. Frequent project participation/collaboration to ensure technical solutions meet business needs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for providing business leadership and subject matter expertise on all assigned projects. Responsible for identifying day-to-day task assignments and providing technology and project management guidance on deliverables. Validates and ensures business requirements are thorough, testable, detailed, concise and traceable. Accountable for project deliverables, estimates, project team-structures, technical artifacts, and engagement of all project stakeholders. Responsible for project planning, budget approvals, estimation and management for all project deliverables, collaborates with Service Delivery managers as appropriate. Proficient in implementing SDLC processes, leads teams to attain goals, pursue excellence and establish discipline specific best-practices. Responsible for driving all project decisions, strong ability to make timely decisions and establish project governance. Collaborates with other team-members, peers and builds trust, exhibits sense of urgency, biased for action and possesses good follow-up skills. Customer focused with ability to persuade and drive consensus to resolve conflict and facilitate timely decision making. Reviews and approves team time reports, expenses, invoices and contracts in a thorough and timely manner. Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate. Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures. Provides and seeks timely feedback to IT partners, peers and team-members.
- Provides leadership and business direction by establishing a vision and strategy to meet established project goals and objectives, while focused on continuous improvement. Provides project team(s) business/technical leadership and guidance on day to day tasks. Responsible for driving change for implementing process improvements and ensuring long term compliance. Leads the creation and maintenance of methodologies and processes for the department. Expected to lead multiple, simultaneous projects and time-critical deliverables.
- Responsible for maintaining positive working relationships with all groups, cross-functional teams, including technical. Identifies opportunities/needs and works with team-leads and other directors to accomplish strong relationships and influence decisions and teams without having direct functional reporting structure.
- Provides budget forecasts and estimates for business activities on a continuous basis. Responsible for variance analysis and justifications and following the established BCBSA processes/procedures.
- Responsible for providing status updates to Senior/Executive management. Responsible for escalating risks/issues with customer issues appropriately and in a timely manner. Ensures design, development, testing and investigative activities lead to appropriate resolution.
- Effectively and tactfully communicates relevant and potentially difficult/sensitive information to senior management.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Responsible for engaging, understanding and effectively communicating needs of business to IT teams/partners
- Resolves and/or escalates issues, proposes alternatives, and sets or manages expectations in a timely fashion.
- Relays relevant information to the organization in a timely manner.
Required Education, Certifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field, or equivalent work experience in similar work environment.
- Minimum 3 years experience working in the health insurance industry, within the Blue Cross Blue Shield system or the FEP Operation Center.
- Minimum 8 years of IT or business work experience focused in systems development and programming.
- Minimum of 7 years' PC experience using spreadsheets and word processing tools, including all components of MS Office.
- Experience with health care components such as Claims, and Enrollment in mainframe and client/server technology environments.
- Possesses strong technology project management skills.
- Strong team oriented interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Relationship management skills The ability to develop and maintain business relationships
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
Preferred Education, Certifications and Experience
- Extensive knowledge in the use of Project Management methodologies and tools and understand human resources policies and practices and change management techniques. Demonstrated leadership, mentoring, and project management skills.
- Experience in organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation, involving internal staff, contractors and vendors.
- Experience analyzing project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives and within budget.
- Understanding of current application development methodologies
- Researching emerging technologies and possible application to the business.
People Management - No