**This is a Part Time position at 24hrs per week primarily based at Lake Forest Hospital and Glenview locations.**
Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital is committed to providing our communities the highest quality health care through exceptional access to state-of-the-art clinical services with compassionate and personal care. The role is for Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer performing modalities of adult and pediatric echocardiography including transthoracic (2-D) echo imaging, bubble studies, pharmacologic echo, transesophageal echo, and treadmill stress-echo as well as echo procedures utilizing contrast.
1.1 Performs all modalities of adult echocardiography including: transthoracic (2D) imaging, echo imaging with bubble study, pharmacologic echo, transesophageal echo, and treadmill stress-echo. Competent performing studies utilizing echo contrast.
1.2 Competent evaluating study images as acquired & able to adapt image acquisition obtaining optimal quality study per ICAEL standards.
1.3 Performs pediatric echocardiograms and transmits for review by pediatric cardiology.
1.4 Integrates patient history, medical record documentation, & lab results to adapt sonographic exam as necessary.
1.5 Evaluates, synthesizes, and communicates preliminary findings to cardiologist and nursing staff as appropriate.
1.6 Performs all measurements and calculations necessary for each exam per ICAEL recommendations.
1.7 Completes appropriate documentation and charging for each exam.
1.8 Conducts laboratory duties as delegated by department director, manager, or senior technician.
1.9 Assists cardiologist with probe positioning/support during transesophageal echo procedures.
1.10 Able to operate cardiology PACS system for transmission, report management and study access.
2.1 Participates in preparation for required quarterly echo-lab quality assurance/process improvement
2.2 Maintains records for daily operations and assists in maintenance of documentation related to ICAEL certification/re-certification.
2.3 Properly cares for cleaning & maintenance of TEE probe post exam.
2.4 Coordinates scheduling of echo procedures at main hospital and Grayslake campus.
2.5 Acts as resource SME in development of policy/protocol related to cardiac sonography.
2.6 * Orders and maintains adequate supplies.
2.7 * Educates patients and staff regarding all aspects of echocardiography.
- Five years of related work experience required, demonstrating a broad and detailed knowledge of job responsibilities and methods.
- Experience maintaining documentation and preparing ICAEL submission for echo-lab accreditation is desirable as is experience mentoring, orienting other sonographers.
- Education: 2 to 3 years of undergraduate education or equivalent.
- Must demonstrate thorough working knowledge of the practices in a specialized field.
- Graduate of formal Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program (CAAHEP) or Associate Degree in ultrasound/sonography technology from accredited college.Bachelor of Science and degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography is desirable.
- Licensure, Active certification by American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) in the specialty as appropriate: Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) credentials.
- Current compliance with Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements as appropriate.
- ACLS and/or CPR.