Career Specialist (Grant FT)
Position Title: Career Specialist (Grant FT)
Department: Enrollment Management
Campus: North Campus
Additional Information: REPOSTING. This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than April 29, 2022. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. This position is partially funded by the Perkins Grant. Continued employment is contingent on sufficient future funding. This grant may be renewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts, certain conditions or restrictions may apply.
Work Hours (for hourly positions): Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Salary Grade: Admin 12 - $43,677
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Grant Funded Full-Time
Job Slot: G655
Job Open Date: 7/15/2022
Job Close Date:
General Summary: To provide targeted workforce and job readiness services to both job seekers and employers. To provide job search assistance to career students, as required by the Perkins Grant.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree in business, human resources or a related field and experience in career services, job development, or job placement. Experience working with diverse populations, knowledge of the Pittsburgh job market as well as community support services. Must have strong written and oral communication skills and organizational skills. A working knowledge and ability to adapt to new technology to deliver services both virtually and on-site is required. Must be available for evenings and weekends as required. Valid PA driver's license required.
1. Ask. Listen. Solve.
2. Provide job search assistance via individual appointments, workshops, classroom presentations, telephone, email and the other emerging communication technologies.
3. Builds partnerships with faculty, other departments and the community.
4. Develop and record Job Readiness presentations and activities for faculty to use to support the curriculum and learning outcomes in CCAC's college introduction course and other Early College initiatives.
5. Communicates effectively with the college community to promote activities, services, and events.
6. Market Workforce and Job Readiness activities and services internally to students, staff and faculty and externally to community organizations and local businesses.
7. Utilize the career management system, College Central Network, to maintain employer and student activity records, and coordinates communications to employers and students utilizing the system.
8. Facilitate communication and collaboration with faculty, administration, and job seekers to keep all parties current on employment issues, processes, expectations, and opportunities.
9. Notify job seekers about internship, part-time, full-time, temporary and other volunteer and experiential learning opportunities.
10. Plan and implement hiring events, career connections, and employer information sessions virtually or on-site.
11. Provide services to employers such as job postings, opportunities to recruit, candidate referral, and space for interviewing.
12. Support the overall Workforce and Job Readiness and Perkins Grant goals and objectives by remaining flexible and adjusting services to meet requirements.
13. Maintain data/records and generate reports as needed by the College and the Perkins Grant.
14. Provide services to students in the evenings and on weekends as assigned.
15. Participate in staff professional development activities
16. Work with CTE students, alumni to develop skills related to job readiness in the workforce.
17. Maintain knowledgeable about training and education opportunities
18. Work with CTE students to support non-traditional career pathways
19. Work with CTE students to improve employability skills
20. Write and revise the CCAC Job Search Manual and Guide on a regular basis.
21. Serve as a liaison to assigned administrative and academic departments maintaining relationships, communications, providing resources and coordinating relevant career-related programs and activities.
22. Attend Academic Program Advisory Board meetings associated with liaison commitments for programs/divisions.
23. Work with non-CTE students, alumni, and community members to develop skills related to job readiness in the workforce.
24. Provides support to the Directors of Workforce and Job Readiness and staff in support of the department's mission and goals.
25. Learn and utilize processes, procedures and technology in support of the department's services.
26. Maintain knowledgeable about training and education opportunities, as well as community resources and support system to supplement college related services.
27. Facilitate services on-site and virtually in support of the department.
28. Participate on campus and system-wide committees as requested or required.
29. Work on enrollment management and retention initiatives.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=13&c=ccac.
Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://apptrkr.com/3256855
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.