Career & Technical Education Coordinator (Grant FT)
Position Title: Career & Technical Education Coordinator (Grant FT)
Department: Perkins Career & Tech Ed Grant
Campus: South Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than November 29, 2022. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. This is a grant funded position. Continued employment is contingent on sufficient future funding. This grant may be renewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Salary Grade: Admin 13 - $47,929
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Grant Funded Full-Time
Job Slot: G516
Job Open Date: 11/11/2022
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Provide essential learning support services in efforts to improve Career and Technical Education (CTE) student academic progress, retention rates and graduation rates; assist students in accessing college services; collect and analyze data; coordinate Perkins grant activities on-campus with other departments; ensure student services delivery in accordance with Perkins Grant guidelines and program initiatives. Supervise staff of on-campus Perkins Grant Student Support Specialists.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in a related field with a minimum of two years of relevant experience. Experience working with postsecondary Career and Technical Education (CTE) students and community college experience preferred. Applicant must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, supervisory and organizational skills and computer skills. Ability and willingness to work collaboratively, attention to detail and the ability to follow through with assisting the student. Commitment to the students' success and student-centered education.
1. Responsible for the day-to-day, on-campus grant activities in the Perkins Office aimed at improving CTE student performance, retention and graduation rates while supervising staff of Perkins Grant Student Support Specialists.
2. Meet individually and in small groups with students as needed.
3. Assist CTE students in developing an educational plan in order to improve student success and completion.
4. Monitor progress of CTE students and develop processes of evaluation for existing procedures in order to improve all aspects of service delivery.
5. Design and coordinate group learning activities to promote CTE student success, including organizing study groups, study skills workshops, and other supports.
6. Participate in student orientation and open house programs for CTE students.
7. Assist in coordinating Grant functions and efforts regarding non-traditional students including workshops for faculty and academic supports for students.
8. Assist with the development, implementation, and assessment of early intervention and retention programs.
9. Work with the various Student Services Development Offices to identify and work toward the retention, success, and completion of CTE students, including the pursuit of stackable credentials.
10. Refer students to internal and external programs for additional support services and follow-up as needed.
11. Compile information on program services, activities, and students.
12. Maintain accurate, organized, completed, and detailed records via the databases used by the Perkins grant and develop and maintain reports as required or assigned.
13. Make presentations to schools, organizations, and community agencies on CTE.
14. Attend CTE program advisory board meetings to inform board about current students and relay applicable information to CTE students.
15. Work with secondary school CTE staff to coordinate grant activities.
16. Perform other Perkins grant-related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=13&c=ccac.
Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://apptrkr.com/3635356
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.