The CS Quality Tech reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The CS Quality Tech supports the implementation of policy and procedures within Central Sterile as well as daily department tasks. Daily department tasks working under supervision of the Manager and Supervisors include, to disassemble, decontaminate, assemble, sterilize, and store procedure trays, instruments, equipment and supplies according to prescribed procedure and aseptic technique; follows preference cards to accurately dispense equipment and supplies to Surgery. This position requires daily flexibility to perform responsibilities between quality assurance and department tasks, knowledge of routine policies and procedures and adherence of safety and infection control standards.
- Coordinates and monitors quality management initiatives.
- Assists in developing and implementing department initiatives.
- Develops educational materials and coordinates educational activities i.e. In-services
- Responds to instrument and supply requests from customers in a timely manner.
- Work in collaboration with the O.R. to provide patient required instrumentation.
- Collaborates with reps on loaner trays and maintains accurate records of loaner trays.
- Utilize computerized instrument tracking system.
- Assembles trays following established tray lists.
- Performs a variety of processing duties including: decontamination, sterilization, supply, case cart assembly and packaging
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of instrumentation, equipment, utilization, and sterile processing.
- Maintains logs, prepares, checks and records test results.
- Approves or refuses materials from Sterilizer based on test results.
- Reports to management any adverse results.
- Executes proper procedures for equipment malfunctions.
- Responsible for running the floor independently in the absence of the supervisor, performs and delegates assigned duties.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all areas of the department by rotating through assigned work areas to ensure service needs of the customer are met.
- Knowledge of routine policies and procedures and adherence of safety and infection control standards.
- Flexibility to perform responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- IAHCSMM or CBSPD Certification
- 3+ years' experience in OR instrumentation
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Knowledge of aseptic techniques and procedures, sterilization techniques and procedures, infection control and work flow principles and requirements, instrument and supply processing standards
- Demonstrates and exercises responsible judgment to provide necessary supplies and instruments for the patient care areas