The Certified Anesthesia Tech provides perioperative technical and clinical support to members of the anesthesia team in relation to all anesthesia procedures. The Certified Anesthesia Tech works as a member of the surgical team, providing patient care under the direct supervision of a licensed anesthesia provider.
- Understands care needs of age specific populations: neonate to 10 years old through geriatrics 64 years and older.
- Understands, sets up and assists with emergency, difficult and awake fiberoptic intubations.
- Prepares patient and assists provider with invasive line placement and monitoring--preps patient and prepares sterile field as well as all equipment/supplies for arterial lines, central venous lines, additional peripheral vascular lines, cardiac catheters, femoral lines, unilateral ventilation and TEE probe management.
- Supports point of care glucose and blood gas testing including blood draws from patient lines
- Provides clinical and technical support as needed per members of the anesthesia team as well as for all emergent situations
- Assists with patient positioning and transfer
- Prepares, disinfects, and troubleshoots all anesthesia-related equipment, including movement of equipment and supplies to support room turn-over and readiness.
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels of supplies and equipment related to anesthesia care.
- Provides clinical and technical support to anesthesia staff wherever needed in the institution--ICUs, IR, MRI, GI, CT, EP, ED
- Rotates to meet the needs of the department and hospital, willingness for flexibility and on call coverage is essential. AA/EOE.
- Serves as a resource for anesthesia to staff in other departments.
- Supports the orientation of new staff members to the Anesthesia Technician role
- Attend in-services for continuing education / completion of all on-line education in a timely manner and maintenance of clinical competency.
- Basic Life Support Certification prior to or upon hire
- ASATT Certification or Candidate that has recently completed an Applied Science Anesthesia Technology Degree Program (ATDP) and will sit for certification within 6 months of hire.
- If Candidate is not certified or has not completed an Applied Science Anesthesia Technology Degree Program the candidate must possess at least 3 to 5 years OR / Anesthesia clinical experience and commit to enroll in an Applied Science Anesthesia Technology Degree Program within 1 year of hire and obtain certification within 6 months of program completion.