Northwestern Medicine has an exciting opportunity for a Certified Nurse-Midwife to work in our inpatient Obstetric - Labor and Delivery department. In this role, you will be primarily working in L&D, providing intrapartum care in collaboration with attending and resident obstetricians; future rotational responsibilities on antepartum and postpartum units . There are four CNMs currently in practice; these individuals will provide strong mentoring support. New grads accepted, experience preferred . Shift: three 12-hour night shifts, 6pm to 6am, shared weekend coverage, one on, two off; no call.
A Certified Nurse-Midwife is a registered nurse (RN) and therefore, can perform all the duties that are considered routine duties of a R.N. In addition, a Certified Nurse-Midwife holds a Master's degree in nurse midwifery. The Certified Nurse-Midwife functions autonomously and collaborates with obstetrician/gynecologists and other health care professionals to provide high quality, advanced nursing care to ob/gyn patients, manage healthcare systems and influence healthcare decision-making through expert clinical reasoning, research and theory- based practice. AA/EOE
- Master's degree from an accredited school/college of nursing.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse and Advanced Practice Nurse in the state of Illinois.
- Certification as a Nurse-Midwife.
- Successful completion of the certification examination given by the American College of Nurse- Midwives.
- Mid-level practitioner controlled substance license.
- BLS-CPR card.
- Two years clinical experience in nurse midwifery.