Incredible careers for CRNAs - We welcome experienced clinicians and new grads!
Northwestern Medicine is seeking the region's finest CRNAs to fill exciting positions within the dynamic anesthesiology department of prestigious Northwestern Memorial Hospital, which is ranked number one in Illinois and the Chicago metro area, and the number 13 hospital in the nation by U.S. News & World Report . Providing, supporting, and advancing care through leading-edge treatments and breakthrough discoveries, our state-of-the-art facility is conveniently located steps away from Chicago's Michigan Avenue.
Collaborating with some of the nation's best anesthesiologists, these individuals will have the opportunity to handle general, breast, craniotomy, C-section, ENT, gynecologic oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedic, orthopedic spine, plastics, surgical robotic, surgical oncology, thoracic, transplant, urology, and vascular cases. In addition, CRNA's are responsible for:
- Selecting appropriate equipment and completing room set up in anticipation of patient's needs; completing room set up in an efficient, thorough and cost effective manner.
- Ensuring preoperative documentation is complete, collaborating plan of care with attending anesthesiologist and surgical team.
- Managing all aspects of anesthesia care based on the patient's physiological response to anesthesia and surgery, consulting attending anesthesiologists or other interdisciplinary team members as appropriate.
- Performing complete, accurate and legible preoperative, intra-operative and postoperative documentation.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Enjoy These Exclusive Career Advantages:
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital is ranked #1 in Illinois and the Chicago metro area.
- Convenient location in the heart of Chicago's Loop, near famed Michigan Avenue.
- Opportunities to work on a wide variety of clinical cases.
- In-house Friday Anesthesia Grand Rounds, with CME credits.
- Competitive hourly pay with shift differentials and benefits.
- Competitive vacation program.
- Loan forgiveness available.
- Tuition assistance available.
- Retirement plan 401 (k).
- License reimbursement.
- Health, dental, life, and disability insurance.
- Professional fund.
- Minimum of master's degree in nursing (or equivalent) from an accredited nurse anesthesia education program.
- Advance Practice Nurse (IL) license.
- Registered Professional Nurse (IL) license.
- National Board for Certification and Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA) certification.
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (American Heart Association) certification.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Memberships to national professional organization, American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA) and state professional organization of primary practice; e.g., Illinois Association of Nurse Anesthetists (IANA).