An experienced Registered Nurse, who in addition to providing direct patient care, is accountable for facilitating an interdisciplinary approach to patient care, patient flow, staffing, resource utilization, and problem solving on a given shift. Facilitates unit operations on a shift basis according to policy, procedure, and regulatory requirements. Coordinates unit based staffing assignments on a shift basis to achieve high quality and cost effective care. Directs patient care provided by staff nurses and support personnel for a specific shift. Champions new initiatives and helps in unit/departmental or hospital wide committees/task forces. Communicates directly with patients and significant others about nursing care. Implements appropriate action plans to provide safe, quality, and efficient care. Assures safety and security of patients, significant others, and staff. Provides direct patient care. AA/EOE
- Current license as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Illinois.
- Current BLS certification.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited school of nursing or equivalent experience as approved by the Patient Care Director; (Minimum two years clinical experience in area of clinical specialty).
- Specialty certification in the clinical area of focus.
- Additional clinical experience in another clinical area.