Clinical Education Coordinator, Radiation Therapy (Temp FT)
Position Title: Clinical Education Coordinator, Radiation Therapy (Temp FT)
Department: Radiation Therapy Tech
Campus: Allegheny Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than March 27, 2023. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. This is a temporary full-time position with benefits for the Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 semesters.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Remote Work Option: Hybrid
Salary Grade: Per Contract
Job Category: Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech/Academic Advisor
Employment Type: Temporary Full-Time
Job Slot: 3Z13
Job Open Date: 3/10/2023
Job Close Date:
General Summary: The primary responsibilities are to assist in the development of the clinical curriculum, manage clinical education assignments, observe, assist, instruct, supervise and evaluate radiation therapy students at the clinical education settings (CES), at campus or in individual sessions. The faculty member must remain knowledgeable about advances in radiation therapy,]in learning theory and pedagogy, contribute to program development and uphold the program's mission and goals.
• Hold at minimum, a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution;
• Be certified in radiation therapy with at least two years' work experience in the field;
• Have up-to-date technical knowledge and competency in radiation therapy;
• Be in good standing with the ARRT;
• Have experience supervising, instructing and evaluating radiation therapy students in the clinical setting;
• Demonstrate strong communication skills;
• Have personal transportation and be willing to travel to clinical education settings.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have proficiency in curriculum development and academic advising;
• Have at least one year's experience as an instructor in a JRCERT-accredited program;
• Maintain knowledge of the program core curriculum, mission, program objectives, and accreditation requirements;
• Maintain knowledge of ARRT didactic and clinical requirements and registry content specifications;
• Participate in periodic review and revision of clinical course outlines' and content;
• Observe, instruct and evaluate student performances in the clinical and laboratory setting; provide support for didactic instruction;
• Communicate with students, site educators and program faculty about pertinent clinical issues;
• Coordinate and organize all administrative aspects of the clinical component of student scheduling and evaluate education effectiveness;
• Coordinate required information regarding clinical placement with sites and students;
• Schedule and carry-out clinical site visitations as assigned and as needed;
• Coordinate and counsel students in clinical and academic advisement sessions;
• Participate in curriculum development of clinical courses;
• Provide pre-clinical orientation to students;
• Develop clinical and laboratory assignments and activities for students;
• Participate in clinical instruction at clinical and laboratory settings;
• Communicate with clinical staff regarding student performances and progress;
• Review appropriateness of sites (current, new and potential); assist with development of new sites;
• Participate in program accreditation and assessment processes;
• Establish and/or update the College's standardized Clinical Affiliation Agreements and any standardized clinical program agreements as required;
• Maintain program records according to program protocols;
• Maintain clinical setting documentation as required by accrediting agency;
• Assist clinical sites in developing and maintaining their clinical programs;
• Assist and participate in workshops and registry review activities for students;
• Participate in recruitment efforts and the applicant admission/interview process;
• Develop workshops/in-services for clinical educators and clinical supervisors;
• Supervise adjunct clinical faculty and instructors;
• Abide with clinical setting requirements (vaccinations, training, etc.);
• Participate as assigned in course, program and college assessment activities;
• Consult the CCAC academic calendar for semester dates and breaks;
• Maintain liability certificates for clinical settings and distribute as needed;
• Support the program director to assure effective program operation;
• Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://apptrkr.com/3994601
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.