At Northwestern Memorial Hospital, we've built a dynamic reputation for providing superior health care by first fostering an environment where the finest minds in the industry choose to work. Our professionals are afforded the challenges, resources and opportunities that not only enhance their skills, but allow them to pursue their own ambitions with success. We currently have Clinical Nurse opportunities for our Heart Failure/Galter 10 Unit to join us at our Chicago, IL location.
The role of the professional clinical nurse is unique and essential to the care of the patient. The nurse demonstrates that unique and essential function through the framework for nursing practice. Advocate: Practices in accordance with the patient centered care model. Develops an individualized age-specific culturally sensitive nursing plan of care for the patient that is based on the nursing process. Incorporates the role of patient advocate into the plan of care. Uses a team approach to develop and achieve daily patient-centered individualized care goals. Acknowledges and values the contributions of the patient's significant others as an integral part of the plan of care. Identifies potential conflict situations and facilitates resolution using established communication channels. Promotes and strives to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient. Protects patients by maintaining a safe environment.
Heart Failure/Galter 10
Provides a variety of services/support inclusive of:
- Advanced heart failure care for pre-post transplant population
- Post procedural care for Cardiac Cath Lab patients, EP patients and Medical LVAD patient population
- Graduate of an NLN accredited school/college of nursing.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing or higher.
- Current State of Illinois, Registered Professional Nurse license.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation recognition (healthcare provider level).
- Analytic ability (conceptual and quantitative).
- Oral, listening and written communication skills.
- Strong human relation skills to interact effectively and collaborate with others in difficult situations.
- Use of a keyboard to enter or retrieve data.
- Minimum of one year of experience in an inpatient setting
- Experience in specific clinical area.
- Nursing specialty certification, if eligible.