The Clinical Practice Administrator reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Medicine, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Clinical Practice Administrator is responsible for the planning, directing, and monitoring of clinical operations within their service area. Additional responsibilities include: accountability for the financial and operational management, creating and overseeing services and programs for the defined practices and coordinating the overall clinical activities. The Administrator places the needs of the patient and other customers as a first priority, while also focusing others on a clearly defined and communicated vision engaging individuals and groups to achieve that vision. The Administrator identifies and develops organizational talent and embraces continuous learning of self and others. The Clinical Practice Administrator manages multiple sites or departments within RMG.
- Works in conjunction with physician leadership to develop and implement the strategic clinical goals and vision for the service area.
- Recommends, develops and implements improvements for clinical practice, and collaborates with leadership to provide excellent patient care.
- Provides leadership in developing, planning and implementing the clinical management plans.
- Develops, organizes and provides training for clinical protocols and/or standards.
- Oversees efforts of clinical staff development, performance goals and evaluations.
- Provides clinical staff with an environment that supports their professional practice, health and well-being.
- Resolves any clinical administrative concerns related to the practice environment.
- Resolves complex or critical situations involving patients, staff, and customers.
- Ensures clinical compliance with all regulatory agencies governing health care delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional development to keep current in the latest health care trends and developments.
- Collaborates with the RMG Quality team to develop and advance quality initiatives and goals.
- Ensures that service excellence is delivered and performs service recovery when required.
- Attracts, develops, and retains exceptional service providers and provides those individuals with an environment that fosters excellence through continuous learning.
- Oversees the financial management related to clinical operations in conjunction with the practice leadership.
- Facilitates regular employee meetings and actively attends and participates in required leadership meetings.
- Implements change management goals by assessing and supporting the efforts of the service area.
- Bachelor's degree in clinical field from an accredited institution.
- Three (3) years' experience in a relevant role.
- Basic Life Support Certification from an American Heart Association accredited source.
- Demonstrates personal alignment with NM's core values of integrity, excellence, patients first, and teamwork.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct the activities of others.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Certification in area of specialty or administration.