Who We Are:
At Avnet, relationships matter. We are a global, FORTUNE ® 500 technology distributor and solutions company that delivers design, supply chain and logistics expertise to customers at every stage of a product's lifecycle. Our employees have a front row seat to the latest innovations shaping the world we live in and the future we share. We're driven to help our customers around the world succeed and we do so by earning the trust of some of the biggest names in technology.
Working at Avnet means being a part of a global team. We work collaboratively and with integrity, doing business the right way. For more than a century, we have partnered together to help our customers, suppliers and teammates realize the transformative possibilities of technology. Experience what's next at Avnet!
This is a full-time employment position for a Cloud Security Engineer dedicated primarily to establishing and supporting security standards and solutions for Avnet's cloud services. As a member of Avnet's Global Cybersecurity & Compliance (GC&C) team, the Cloud Security Engineer will support Avnet's Cloud Center of Excellence (CCOE) in the transition and modernization of on-prem applications to Azure and other cloud service providers by identifying, developing, documenting, and communicating cloud security governance, controls, policies, standards, and best practices, collaborating to ensure controls are deployed and effective, and reporting cloud security metrics. The role requires US Citizenship/Permanent Resident and will allow work remotely within the U.S.
Experience with Azure, Cybersecurity, and Automation through Scripting a requirement for this role.
- Research cloud computing and related security technologies, capabilities, and products
- Configure, deploy, and support the GCC team's enterprise cloud security tools
- Identify and assess security gaps in cloud services and recommend appropriate solutions
- Work with IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS owners, administrators, and developers, assisting with their development and implementation of cloud security controls and remediation of vulnerable cloud resources
- Provide consulting and formal reviews as needed for cloud initiatives and projects
- Guide project teams, developers, and administrators in the execution of cloud services to adhere to industry best practices for security and align with Avnet's risk appetite and compliance requirements
- Work closely with security operations to ensure adequate visibility and monitoring of security events and alerts, support for vulnerability management and incident response, and collaborate to evaluate threats relevant to cloud workloads and data
- Understand business goals and needs to provide a balanced security investment
- Expand expertise as the technology and the business evolves
- Provide on-call support as part of the team on call rotation duties and other duties as assigned
Job Level Specifications:
- Deep technical knowledge of Azure and strong understanding of SaaS and application workload security in the context of cloud services
- Strong knowledge of Linux, Windows, networking, storage, containerization, encryption, API security, auditing, access control and authentication (Azure RBAC, Azure AD, SAML/OATH/LDAP etc.)
- Understanding of DevSecOps or similar operating experience and infrastructure as code (IaC)
- Ability to automate tasks through scripting (Powershell, Python, or equivalent).
- Experience designing, procuring, testing, building, deploying, and supporting security tools and secure solutions
- Flexible approach - the position may occasionally be required to provide out of normal office hours support
- Very good communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills and strong ability to work well independently, adapt easily and handle crisis situations
- Must have the passion, discipline, wisdom, creativity, and curiosity to drive positive results
- Mastery knowledge of industry best practices and disciplines. Considered a subject matter expert within the organization and contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards.
- Develops solutions to highly complex and uniquely challenging situations. Assignments require extensive evaluation of alternatives and variables. Expected to make improvements to policies and procedures.
- Works independently toward long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated using independent judgment and discretion. May act as informal team lead and/or coach less experienced team members.
- Serves as consultant to management and/or internal/external spokesperson for the organization on major initiatives related to policies, plans and long-range objectives.
- Actions may impact the organization and its reputation. Effects of erroneous decisions may be long-lasting, influence the future course of the organization and/or require the expenditure of extensive additional resources.
- Typically 8+ years with bachelor's or equivalent.
Education and Certification(s):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.
- May require competency in all of the six Security competencies: Security Intelligence, Identity Management, Compliance, Secured Infrastructure, Secured Development and Security Education
*Applicants for this position must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.
What We Offer:
Our employees work hard to live our values and help us grow. Our total rewards strategy supports Avnet's ability to attract, engage, develop, and reward our employees, while promoting a diverse and inclusive environment. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs - from time away and flexible working arrangements to programs supporting employee well-being and opportunities to give back to your community.
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401K and Pension Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Family Support (Paid Leave, Surrogacy, Adoption)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account / Flexible Spending Account
- Education Assistance
- Employee Development Resources
- Employee Wellness, Leadership Development and Mentorship Programs
Benefits listed above may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Avnet.
This position will have access to ITAR product and therefore be authorized to access product. This position requires the employee to be a U.S. Citizen or National, or a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20), or a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue hardship for the Company. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center at (888) 994-7669.