We are currently looking for a Collections Representative II to join our Portfolio team in Waterloo, IA.
Summary of position:
Responsible for the overall effective management of delinquency levels of an assigned group of accounts (portfolio) in the 5-91 day aging categories. This involves making of outbound calls and sending letters to delinquent customers as necessary to collect past due amounts. Reconcile payment and billing histories. Various reporting responsibilities, as well as account preparation for transfer to attorneys and agencies. Periodically analyze credit information from various sources in order to recommend appropriate remedies to problem accounts.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Manage delinquency levels within the assigned portfolio of accounts through the use of outbound calls, letters and use of third party providers. Make outbound calls in sufficient enough volume to maintain acceptable delinquency levels. Use collections letter series as a tool to manage delinquency levels within the assigned portfolio requested.
- Account reconciliation of complex payment and billing histories.
- Analyze credit information (credit bureau reports, D&B's and Paynet reports that are used in the process reviewing troubled accounts for extensions and rewrites.
- Communicate with customer, customer's representative(s) and internal department(s) so that delinquency issues can be resolved.
- Communicate recommendations for extensions and rewrites based upon the analysis of relevant financial information.
- Evaluate accounts and recommend additional actions to be taken such as placement of accounts with collection agencies or attorneys
- Facilitate the timely repayment of obligations and to help minimize loss on all contracts. Includes calculating buyouts, recommending contracts for restructure, assisting with assumptions and referring accounts for repossession or other legal action as required.
- Associate degree in business or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years commercial lease and loan collections experience with a variety of different types of lease and loan structures.
- Proven ability to manage customer and internal relationships.
- Ability to make decisions that balance customer needs with company needs.
- Ability to work effectively with ambiguous situations and identify appropriate solutions.
- Proactive, self-motivated, independent and results oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience.3-5 years customer service/collection experience.
Established in 1923, TCF has maintained a strong foundation. TCF has over 340 branches in Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Colorado, Wisconsin, Arizona and South Dakota, providing retail and commercial banking services. TCF also conducts commercial leasing, indirect auto finance, and equipment finance business in all 50 states, and commercial inventory finance business in all 50 states and Canada.
TCF encourages open employee communications and promotes from within whenever possible.
We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits plan, and opportunities for career advancement. For more details on our benefits, click on the Employee Benefits link on our career page.
Proud to be an equal opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law. TCF is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.