Job ID: 2019-2102
# of Openings: 1
Phone Number: (757) 502-4101
Phone Extension: 108
SJS Executives is seeking a construction manager (CM). Our ideal candidate will provide technical services and expertise related to all phases of construction on a variety of projects.
- Review pre-final contract drawings and specifications with respect to constructability and compatibility with actual field conditions
- Attend contractor pre-bid project site visits and answer or document questions as permissible
- Coordinate mandatory post-award contract meetings such as post-award kickoff meetings, preconstruction conferences, partnering meetings, schedule meetings, quality control (QC) (5-part) meetings, design review meetings, coordination and mutual understanding meetings, weekly production meetings, LEED coordination meetings, Facility Turnover Planning meetings (NAVFAC Red Zone), final inspections, and all other meeting deemed relevant to the position.
- Review contractor administrative submittals such as schedules, environmental protection plans, quality control plans, accident prevention plans, and coordinate review and approval of technical "Government-approved" submittals such as shop drawings, product data, samples, design data, manufacturer's instructions, test plans/reports, certificates, and operations and maintenance (O&M) data in a timely manner
- Manage the contractor Requests for Information (RFIs) and ensure timely responses
- Monitor available project budget and time constraints, including relevant cost and schedule growth metrics, and initiating appropriate corrective actions, as necessary, to ensure funding thresholds and impacts to operational needs are not exceeded
- Incumbent must possess a keen understanding of schedules utilizing network analysis and the potential impact of modifications to the critical path
- Review construction progress at the site, daily production reports, and construction quality control (CQC) reports.
- Attend QC meetings involving critical work activities. Take necessary action (including possibly recommending dismissal of QC Manager and/or other QC staff) to assure contractor's quality control program is in accordance with the contract requirements and that three phases of quality control are being utilized
- Provide technical solutions to unforeseen problems during construction. This may include making recommendations to the official government liaison to approve field changes that have no impact on function of the facility or cost and schedule of the contract(no change in scope)
- Assist the Integrated Product Team (IPT) Project Manager (PM) in management of Post Construction Award Services (PCAS)
- Coordinate delivery, acceptance, inspection and installation of Government furnished equipment
- Coordinate installation of collateral equipment and connection of phone, data, other communication systems and utility services
- Provide technical support during negotiations
- Identify the need (and reason code) for a modification to scope, cost and/or schedule based on collaboration with the contractor, Supported Command, designer and/or other entities
- U.S. Citizen
- Valid Driver's License
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or Engineering Technology for an accredited ABET university/college
- 7 years of experience as a Construction Manager for commerical/industrial projects valued in $5 million dollars or more
- Professional Engineer/Register Architect - Preferred
- Must be able to pass background check/drug screen
Please send resumes to Gjoseph@sjsexecutives.com
SJS Executives, LLC is EOE, AA, M/F/Vet/Disability compliant. US Citizenship required for most jobs.