GovExec is seeking a Content Marketing Manager to join our growing Power Almanac team and lead content marketing initiatives across our digital platforms. In this role, you will drive qualified traffic, leads, and sales digitally by establishing our company as the leader in government decision-maker contact information. Your overall goal will be the continual improvement of customer nurturing and retention through storytelling, as well as the increase in new prospects through the consistent development and deployment of content.
As the Content Marketing Manager, you will be a passionate brand storyteller with a journalist’s mindset, as well as enthusiastic for content performance, reporting, and analytics. You will have a love for learning, writing, and communication in all forms as well as empowering others, including our team, to tell their stories and share their expertise with our audience.
About Power Almanac
Power Almanac is the most comprehensive and accurate database of contact information for local government decision-makers available. It allows government contractors to prospect local governments with confidence. Power Almanac has 300,000+ records from over 21,000 cities, counties, and townships, including 99% of local governments in the U.S. with populations over 1,000.
- Publish three or more new pieces of content, be it text (blog articles), video, or audio (podcasts) on a weekly basis. Manage other content production projects including ebooks, white papers, webinars etc.
- Interview and collaborate with internal subject matter experts for content.
- Manage email marketing efforts, including newsletters and automated workflows.
- Own analytics and reporting for content marketing efforts.
- Optimize search engine optimization (SEO) efforts for the Power Almanac website and content. Manage website updates and enhancements, e.g., new pages and calls-to-action placement.
- Lead the social media strategy for community engagement and long-term content promotion.
- Create landing pages and conversion opportunities for lead generation.
- Identify and participate in professional development and continued education in relevant areas of interest (e.g., HubSpot certifications).
The content manager will be measured on the continual improvement of customer nurturing and retention through storytelling, as well as the increase in new prospects through the consistent development and deployment of content. Specific measurements of this criteria include:
- Measurable growth across organically sourced traffic and leads.
- Sales/revenue growth, with a clear connection between content and ROI.
- Support and empower the sales team with sales-enablement content they need to close deals faster.
- More qualified lead conversions as a result of the content being created.
- Marked increases in keyword rankings for relevant topics in search.
- Positive sentiment increases from prospects and customers alike.
- Growth in social media community and engagement.
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, public relations, or related communications field. Equivalent experience is also accepted.
- Strong writing and editorial skills, with an understanding of common editorial styles (AP, Chicago Manual, etc.)
- Experience as a print or broadcast journalist is a plus.
- Storyteller with the ability to build a narrative through words, images and/or audio.
- Able to articulate the business goal within content messaging as well as the brand and customer story.
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns.
- Interest in utilizing and learning about the latest market trends and tools for social media outreach including the latest platforms and marketing solutions.
GovExec’s data and insights set the standard for depth, accuracy, and impact for government leaders and contractors. As the market-leading information and intent-based marketing platform, for over fifty years GovExec has empowered the government ecosystem to engage and support government leaders as they work to achieve their missions across federal, defense, and state and local agencies. Our strategic sales enablement and intent-based marketing solutions accelerate revenue growth to fuel market success. The platform is powered by the largest and most sophisticated database in the public sector, GovExec’s platform reaches 3.3 million government influencers each month and provides its marketing clients with a significant competitive advantage in driving higher conversion and growth.
Working at GovExec
At GovExec, we believe that a new era of work -- particularly when, where, and how it gets done -- has arrived. We are building a hybrid workplace that allows for greater freedom and flexibility while also fostering a collaborative culture, no matter where you are working. GovExec offers permanent remote work in 20+ states across the US, as well as the option to work out of one of our offices based in Washington DC, New York or San Diego. GovExec also offers a range of great benefits including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Open time off policy
- Twelve weeks paid parental leave
- Supportive, collaborative teams
- Unique opportunity to help government officials from a private sector company
- Expansive learning and development opportunities
GovExec recruits talent for four salient attributes or qualities:
- Soul of Entrepreneurship
- Culture of Inclusion
- Force of Ideas
- Spirit of Generosity
Government Executive Media Group, Inc. and its affiliates ("GovExec") are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate against our applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by applicable law.