Magenium Solutions is in search of a Control Systems Programmer in our Arlington Heights location. OPPORTUNITY TO WORK FOR 100% EMPLOYEE OWNED COMPANY. IF INTERESTED, PLEASE EMAIL AN UPDATED RESUME TO BETH.FISCHER@MAGENIUM.COM
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Control Systems Programmer provides customers and sales representatives with control solutions for complex audio, video, audiovisual, and presentation systems. The Control Systems Programmer provides recommendations and requirements for custom control system designs and integration to meet the customer?s needs. The Programmer is responsible for writing code in accordance with design requirements. This role also requires commissioning and training to create a solid working solution as designed.
The Control Systems Programmer II provides control and DSP solutions which meet the customers application up to $500K.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITES: The Control Systems Programmer operates as the primary or secondary contact between the Company and the Customer. In that role, the Control Systems Programmer works with the end user (customer) in accordance with the statement of work. The Control Systems Programmer researches available hardware, software and DSP options; and programs an audiovisual system consisting of various hardware, software and DSP components which work together as one integrated system.
The Control System Programmer may be called upon to support modification and troubleshooting in service calls.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENT: The Control Systems Programmer II requires 3 to 5 years of industry experience. Previous and current control system programming and academic background in specific Audio, Video, and IT related curriculum, a 2-4 year technical or engineering degree and the proficiency of the positions required skills is preferred.
Previous experience in the service and installation of audio, video, audiovisual and presentation systems. Computer literacy skills supported by acknowledged certification and AutoCAD software familiarity are also very important. Knowledge of standard software for DSP set-up, switcher set up. Communication, customer relation skills, and the ability to work independently and to be self-directed have direct results on success in this position.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: A Control Systems Programmer II should have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. The position requires effective presentation of information in one-on-one and small group situations, in both team leadership and customer service roles.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: A Control Systems Programmer II should have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, as well as the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages. A proficiency in geometric skills and understanding of geometric concepts.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Ability to effectively use standardized company software programs as well as numerous AV manufacturer software applications for product set up. Experience with Internet Browsers, Microsoft Office, intermediate network troubleshooting tools and CAD software.
REASONING ABILITY: A Control Systems Programmer II should have the ability to implement the company?s operations, including but not limited to instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. The Control System Programmer should have the ability to troubleshoot problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: CTS-D Certification, COMPTIA Network Plus or CCNA Certifications
Completed badging program as defined by supervisor.
PRODUCT CERTIFICATIONS: Crestron CCP or AMX/Harman HCCA
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, color recognition, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Travel: Travel may be required
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS: Required conditions of these Key Result Areas (KRA?s) will have been satisfactorily met when:
- KEY RESULT AREA - System Programming & Design
- Control systems programming is completed and consistently meets system design specifications, functional and operational requirements. Programming services would include control systems, digital signal processors, matrix switches, conferencing system components, or other devices requiring software setup for functionality.
- Digital signal processors are set up, completed and consistently meet system design specifications, functional and operational requirements.
- Product recommendations during the design process consistently meet the application requirement and are compatible with other products within the system design.
- Service programming and necessary troubleshooting is facilitated when able with focus and accuracy, addressing both new and legacy systems.
- Touch panel designs are easy to use, exhibit customer color schemes and logos, and have proper grammar and detail.
- Touch panel designs and button by button descriptions are created in advance of the project when scheduled and given to the Project Manager for customer review prior to the integration
- Programming statements of work and labor estimates are accurately prepared.
- Post integration issues and follow up is kept to a minimum, and skills are proven by project result
- KEY RESULT AREA-Commissioning
- Control systems and DSPs are tested, corrections made with verification so that the system meets design specifications, workmanship standards, functional and operational requirements at established company technical services standards.
- Control system and DSP software and firmware is loaded and tested.
- Control system and DSP changes are documented.
- Customer training needs delivered as specified in project plan.
- Required project closing documentation for assigned projects are stored in the identified project repository upon completion of installation and conform to company policies enabling the turnover of the system to the Service Department for future warranty and service.
- KEY RESULT AREA-Solution delivery
- System cabling, labeling and termination is completed in accordance with system diagrams and established company technical services standards.
- Required project technical and operating manuals are retained in accordance with instruction of the Lead Installation Technician, Project Manager, or the Project Engineer.
- Ability to read and interpret project documentation to include; system flow diagrams, elevations, details plan drawings and schedules.
- Control system and DSP programming and firmware is loaded and tested for functionality in accordance with the system design and established company technical services standards.
- Systems are tested to insure final functionality and necessary corrections made within design specifications in accordance with the systems? functionality design.
If interested, please email an updated resume to email@example.com