Coordinator for Commercial Driver's License Program (Temp FT)
Position Title: Coordinator for Commercial Driver's License Program (Temp FT)
Department: Workforce Development
Campus: Boyce Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than January 10, 2019. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. In addition to at-will employment, continuation of employment is contingent on sufficient revenue generated from the department or program.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Salary Grade: Admin 13 - min. $46,989
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Temporary Full-Time
Job Slot: 3798
Job Open Date: 12/18/2018
Job Close Date:
General Summary: The Coordinator implements and supports the Commercial Drivers License training program by working closely with the Project Managers, CCAC administrators, faculty, and Advisory Board members. Specifically responsible for designing, implementing, and teaching the current instructional technologies including both classroom and behind-the-wheel training. Assess training needs through employer meetings, focus groups, or consultations with Human Resource Training Mangers to ensure the training provided is relevant to the industry and meets the requirements of the PA Department of Transportation.
Associates degree, current CDL, and four years of related experience are required. Experience in professional driving required. Experience in program administration desirable. Must exhibit strong attention to detail, manage responsibilities in a high-energy environment, and work both independently and collaboratively. Must also exhibit strong communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and an entrepreneurial attitude to creatively, adaptively, and enthusiastically take on many challenges at once.
1. Develop instructional content or delivery methods for different levels or types of adult learners.
2. Supervise needs assessments with companies and strategic learning assessments with adult students to develop the basis for curriculum development or to update curricula.
3. Create and manage an advisory committee comprised of local employers who would be interested in employing program completers.
4. Instruction to include both classroom and behind-the-wheel training.
5. Establish master course documentation or manuals according to applicable accreditation, certification, or other requirements.
6. Conduct curriculum review and make recommendations at department meetings regarding course design, technology, and instruction delivery options.
7. Identify changes to curricula or delivery methods, based on information such as instructional effectiveness data, current or future performance requirements, feasibility, and costs.
8. Implement instructional methods, such as individual or group instruction, self-study, lectures, demonstrations and simulation exercises appropriate for content and learner characteristics.
9. Schedule courses to maximize annual enrollment and market courses.
10. Assess effectiveness and efficiency of instruction according to ease of instructional technology use and student learning, knowledge transfer, and satisfaction.
11. Recruit, interview, assess and keep accurate student records.
12. Develop instructional materials, such as lesson plans, handouts and measurement tools to evaluate the effectiveness of instruction.
13. Devise specific training programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills in the workforce.
14. Assess training costs to ensure budget is not exceeded, and prepare budget reports to justify expenditures.
15. Supervise and assign adjunct faculty to assist in training where applicable.
16. Create curriculum guides for courses and/or program components.
17. Manage course projects from inception to completion, including providing coordination for all program activities including overseeing scheduling, staffing, budgeting and evaluation of programs.
18. Perform other related duties as required or assigned, including duties relating to internal controls including safe-guarding of department assets, inventory, maintenance of equipment, safety measure standards in laboratory.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available https://www.ccac.edu/Human_Resources_Forms_and_Documents.aspx or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: http://apptrkr.com/1357782
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.