At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Associate Desktop Support Analyst reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Associate Desktop Support Analyst possesses a basic knowledge of desktops, laptops, mobile devices and associated operating systems and peripherals. The associate also possesses a basic understanding of networking (wired and wireless), printing and printing hardware, telephony support and audio visual support. The Associate Desktop Support Analyst will have primary responsibility for maintaining all NM endpoint hardware and core software including but not limited to computing devices, pagers, printers, telephony and telephony hardware, operating systems, core software and some specialized software/systems including NMs electronic health record. To that purpose, the position provides business-use guidance as well as technical guidance for end user technologies. The role includes hardware and software deployment as necessary.
- Develop knowledge of operating systems associated with endpoint hardware platforms (Windows, OS X), telephony and telephony hardware, pagers, printers and multi-function printers.
- Provides desktop hardware and software problem identification and resolution for all endpoint hardware and related equipment/peripherals.
- Complete hardware moves and equipment replacements for all endpoint hardware and related equipment/peripherals.
- Provide feedback and suggestions to the appropriate Information Services architecture teams on topics related to supported hardware and software standards.
- Assist and ensure compliance with endpoint hardware and software standards (including delivery) as determined by the Information Services department.
- Build relationships with team lead and manager on day-to-day team environment.
- Communicate with IS Service Desk and provide needed assistance to meet immediate customer needs.
- Respond thoroughly and promptly to customer needs.
- Develop and own customer relationships and follows issues through to closure.
- Apply problem solving concepts and takes ownership to solve end user problems.
- Escalate problems to senior support staff as necessary.
- Successfully conducts follow ups to ensure problem resolution and/or service requests are completed to user satisfaction.
- Provides suggestions of new processes to enhance customer service.
- Understands the business and clinical processes at NMH and the operational environments of assigned customers.
- Communicates clearly, responsively, and concisely with customers and team members.
- Develops effective relationships with users and other IS team members to enhance the timeliness and effectiveness of technology solutions.
Personal and Staff Development:
- Seeks to improve talents and skills consistent with overall IS direction.
- Takes direction from senior support staff.
- Develops skills based on field experience.
Focus on IS team success and promote collaborative efforts with others.
Shift easily among different technical and project roles as required by situation.
Learn to adapt well to rapid change and multiple priorities.
EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- 1-3 Years Experience in Core Discipline
- Basic support knowledge of desktops, laptops and mobile devices and associated operating systems, MS Office products, printers (local, network, label and MFP), desk phones and associated telephony, and networking (wired and wireless).
- Bachelors degree
- I.T. related certification
- 2nd shift or weekend support
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.