This position is responsible for the upkeep and development of our infrastructure services as code. Position is a key part of the operation ensuring platforms are engineered with innovation, high availability, and disaster avoidance. Responsible for ensuring outcomes are engineered with innovation that provides reliable foundations for our internal customers. This position is also responsible for providing management with analysis of issues for strategic and tactical decision making.
- Assist Architecture in development and optimization of systems, applications, and infrastructure
- Automate manual processes
- Provide oversight, standardization and validation of system and application architecture
- Designing, implementing, and support of containerized applications, running on highly available, cloud and physical based nodes
- Assist in the integration of the Systems and Development teams into Early Warning's ongoing evolution and improvement, through tighter integration and collaboration
- Design, create and maintain comprehensive documentation of best practices for all implemented system configurations
- Collaborate in daily standups, ensuring that best practices and consistent methodologies are considered while solving high priority enterprise level IT issues.
- Recommend and implement changes to existing hardware and operating system infrastructure including patches, users, file systems and kernel parameters
- Act as escalation point to troubleshoot application and operating system problems and suggest possible performance tuning
- Work with database and application teams to gather requirements for new projects and expansion to existing applications
- Work closely with other technical team members and departments to recommend solutions and resolve priority issues in timely manner
- Interact with multiple internal customers and external vendors and partners to provide quality customer service
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation and act as escalation point for other Systems personnel
- Support the company's commitment to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems and data.
- Education and experience typically obtained through completion of an Associates degree in Technology or equivalent work experience in a related field
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a medium to large scale enterprise. Knowledge with the following disciplines:
o Linux/Unix and Microsoft Operating Systems is required
o Python, Bash, Ruby, Powershell development experience
o Troubleshooting production application issues
o Design and safely perform changes to the production site
o Experience with virtualization technologies
o Hardening servers to meet security compliance
o Identify and document operational efficiency processes and standards
- Ability to develop custom recipes in Chef
- Familiar with source control management and how they are used in delivery (Bitbucket/Git/TFS/CVS)
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment (Test-driven development)
- Ability to identify the suitability and use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Hands on experience with Blue-green deployment strategy
- Experience working with container systems (Docker)
- Container orchestration e.g. Kubernetes, Swarm
- Automation - Building, testing, & deploying on Linux and Windows operating systems using industry standard tools. (Bamboo, Cucumber, Jenkins, etc).
- General knowledge of networking and network security hardware and software
- Knowledge of enterprise application integration and messaging technologies
- High level of customer responsiveness, excellent documentation and communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to assess and describe technical situations and severity to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to receive and execute on work received via a ticketing system
- Experienced with security and encryption protocols
- Comfort with facilitating collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Background and drug screen
- Agile or other SDLC experience
- Additional related education and/or experience preferred
Working conditions consist of a normal office environment. Work is primarily sedentary and requires extensive use of a computer and involves sitting for periods of approximately four hours. Work may require occasional standing, walking, kneeling, and reaching. Must be able to lift 10 pounds occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently. Requires visual acuity and dexterity to view, prepare, and manipulate documents and office equipment including personal computers.
Employee must be able to perform essential functions and physical requirements of position with or without reasonable accommodation. The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow instructions and perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Early Warning Services is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.