City & State, a platform of GovExec, is the premier media organization dedicated to covering New York, Pennsylvania and Florida’s local and state politics and policy. Our in-depth, non-partisan coverage serves New York, Pennsylvania and Florida’s leaders every day as a trusted guide to the issues impacting all three states. We offer round-the-clock coverage through our award-winning commentary and analysis, weekly publications, daily e-briefs, events, podcast interviews and more.
City & State is seeking a creative and analytical Digital Marketing Associate to join our City & State Pennsylvania team. As the Digital Marketing Associate, you will play a critical role in audience growth, email deployment, digital product development, and content production across the Pennsylvania brand. This position will report directly to the City & State Digital Director.
- Build, schedule and deploy emails using email marketing software; review and edit emails to ensure quality.
- Oversee the day-to-day execution of web and event email content.
- Upload and curate daily editorial content to ensure the website is always up to date.
- With support from the team, implement A/B and multivariate split tests across email and web and assist with reporting metrics.
- Stay up to date on email and web best practices.
- Collaborate with event teams on email strategy and deployment.
- Assist with the digital marketing and delivery of special projects and sponsored content.
- Pitch ideas on how to optimize our digital workflows.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous, data-driven learning and evaluation.
- Experience managing email campaigns, audience growth and/or HTML.
- Passion for researching, testing and incorporating digital strategy to maximize website performance.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to troubleshoot bugs and bots.
- Experience with Sailthru, Mailchimp or similar ESP services.
- Familiarity with website CMS systems.
- Basic HTML & CSS experience.
- Familiarity with or interest in PA Politics is a plus.
GovExec’s data and insights set the standard for depth, accuracy, and impact for government leaders and contractors. As the market-leading information and intent-based marketing platform, for over fifty years GovExec has empowered the government ecosystem to engage and support government leaders as they work to achieve their missions across federal, defense, and state and local agencies. Our strategic sales enablement and intent-based marketing solutions accelerate revenue growth to fuel market success. The platform is powered by the largest and most sophisticated database in the public sector, GovExec’s platform reaches 3.3 million government influencers each month and provides its marketing clients with a significant competitive advantage in driving higher conversion and growth.
Working at GovExec
At GovExec, we believe that a new era of work -- particularly when, where, and how it gets done -- has arrived. We are building a hybrid workplace that allows for greater freedom and flexibility while also fostering a collaborative culture, no matter where you are working. GovExec offers permanent remote work in 20+ states across the US, as well as the option to work out of one of our offices based in Washington DC, New York or San Diego. GovExec also offers a range of great benefits including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Open time off policy
- Twelve weeks paid parental leave
- Supportive, collaborative teams
- Unique opportunity to help government officials from a private sector company
- Expansive learning and development opportunities
GovExec recruits talent for four salient attributes or qualities:
- Soul of Entrepreneurship
- Culture of Inclusion
- Force of Ideas
- Spirit of Generosity
Government Executive Media Group, Inc. and its affiliates ("GovExec") are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate against our applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by applicable law.