This position will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies for new and/or enhancing existing business solution programs, e.g. BlueCard Modernization. Provides leadership for a team that develops and delivers work supporting strategic priorities, products and service for Blue Plans to meet market requirements. The position will have accountability to ensure various capabilities are approved through governance and Plan implementation. Plan related responsibilities include plan workgroupleadership and ongoing Plan-facing communication. Project responsibilities include developing business processes and infrastructure and end=to-end project management Leads cross functional capability design and implementation teams.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Oversee development of requirements for various capabilities that will need to be approved by BCBSA governance bodies.• Provides leadership to ensure all Plans are actively participating in the capabilities and requirement as part of BlueCard Modernization• Organizer of key internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to:infosec, legal, financial, Office of Clinical Affairs and Plans as required for execution of BlueCard Modernization• Responsibility for transforming strategy and design into implementation and execution.• Responsible for all governance and related documentation 10%• Represents BCBSA on internal and external groups as needed. 5%
Required Basic Qualifications:
- Four year college degree in healthcare, business or related discipline
- 10 years of business experience with at least 2 years in healthcare or similar industry
- 5 years of supervisory experience
- 3 years of project management experience implementing complex projects
Preferred Basic Qualifications:
- Masters Degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project management and organization skills
- Demonstrated inter-personal skills
- Demonstrated supervisory skills
- Relation management skills; ability to engage effectively with all levels of staff, Plans and vendors.
- Microsoft office proficiency
- Providers administration systems preferred
- National account priorities for health care payers preferred
- BCBS experience preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
Blue Cross Blue Shield Association is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristics