The Director Consumer Experience will lead CX initiatives, using human-centered, lean start-up methodologies. This is a role focused on holistic, omni-channel experience design and will be responsible for managing internal, cross-functional project teams, and vendors on initiatives. As well as supporting Plans utilizing these methodologies to identify opportunity areas within the end-to-end consumer experience, and prioritize initiatives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Association & Plan CX Collaborations - Organize and facilitate interactive client design collaborations. Design and facilitate co-creation design opportunities with cross-functional teams. Teach team and partners experience design and human-centered design techniques to improve their every-day processes. Create strong relationships within the Association and with Plans to ensure sharing, participation, and adoption.
- Design - Prototype experiences rapidly in multiple mediums and levels of interactivity (physical, digital, low and hi-fidelity, tangible and conceptual). Translate insight and strategy into concept prototypes and communicate your vision through your artifacts.
- Program Design - Build a program to bring the BCBS Signature Experience to life through lean co-design that uncovers and prioritizes Association and Plan business needs, co-designs consumer-focused experiences across all, and supports their adoption.
- Business Discovery - Understand industry, business, Association and Plan needs. Collect and synthesize the relative consumer research and business analysis work that the Association and Plans have done. Synthesize this work to help inform BCBSA design program work.
- Design Research - Directs cross-functional teams of internal and external partners through design research, synthesis, ideation, design, and synthesize findings into actionable insights and designs. Conduct informal consumer studies and present findings that will inform improvements in the consumer experience. Establish research methods and strategies with our consumer research teams, while streamlining the process. Create proactive and clear work plans, working with others to ensure on time delivery.
- Disciplines -Key contributor to program work on Measurement, Understanding Consumers, Governance & Strategy, Prioritization, Design, Culture and Technology efforts.
Required Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 8 years of related experience
- Minimum of 5 years in Consumer Experience design, product design, communications design, or related field
- Experience leading large Consumer Experience projects using Human-Centered Design and/or Lean Start-up Methodologies
- Hands-on experience designing holistic, omni-channel consumer and service delivery ecosystem designs. Ability to transform tasks into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs through the entire experience lifecycle, from the first-time user to the expert
- Experience executing visual, informative, interaction, and service design elements of the initiative that meets business and customer needs and delights customers. Ability to communicate the initiative and product to others (Business Partners) through consumer journeys, storyboards, ecosystem and service designs, prototypes, wireframes, infographics, virtual collaboration tools/platforms and other materials
Preferred Basic Qualifications:
- Masters in Design preferred (Human Factors, Psychology, Information Science or HCI, Graphic Design)
- Start-up experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
Blue Cross Blue Shield Association is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristics