Director of Financial Aid - Systems and Business Processes (Reg FT)
Position Title: Director of Financial Aid - Systems and Business Processes (Reg FT)
Department: Financial Aid
Campus: Allegheny Campus
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than July 29, 2022. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Salary Grade: Admin 15 - $58,050
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5041
Job Open Date: 7/15/2022
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Primary liaison with ITS on matters related to the Financial Aid Module of Colleague.
Requirements: Master's degree in business management, accounting, higher education administration, counseling or related field and a minimum of three years experience. Strong communication, supervisory and leadership skills. Prior financial aid experience. Ability to balance regulations with addressing student needs. Ability to recommend, interpret, administer and update financial aid policies ensuring compliance with federal, state and local laws and contractual regulations. Solid understanding of institutional, state and federal financial aid policies and procedures. Ability to interact with students, parents and external constituents. Ability to coordinate workshops and programs related to financial aid both on and off campus. Ability to resolve and assist in resolution of problems and/or complaints, taking corrective action as appropriate. Skill in use of data, research and analysis to increase and improve operational efficiency.
• Administers and monitors federal, state and institutional financial aid.
• Evaluates student's need; performs need analysis for eligibility.
• Counsels students and families on the financial aid process.
• Develops financial aid information for dissemination and presentation to current and prospective students, parents, faculty, staff, counselors and other financial aid professionals.
• Completes federal, state and institutional reports.
• Analyzes financial aid reports for accuracy, operating within budget constraints and proper reporting to various agencies.
• Responds to federal, state and institutional audits.
• Maintains current knowledge of federal and state regulations and guidelines to properly administer the financial aid program.
• Assesses financial aid services; makes recommendations for change and improvement as needed.
• Creates and updates financial aid procedures manual.
• Processes applications and awards.
• Supervises financial aid staff and student employees.
• Attends campus, local and state financial aid meetings and workshops.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=13&c=ccac.
Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://apptrkr.com/3256845
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.