Northwestern Memorial Foundation
**This position will be shared between Central Region and Lake Forest Hospital**
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS : Ensure understanding of NMHC and NMF strategic objectives as well as external market and impact of all on goal-setting and team strategies for success; Engage in activities and processes necessary to support fundraising activities of NMF which include donor development, stewardship, solicitation and general relationship management of NMF donors; Understand, develop and execute appropriate goal-oriented fundraising and donor cultivation strategies which may include annual giving, planned giving, principal and major giving, and/or events; Qualify funding priorities with clinical leaders, care providers and system functions to ensure need, clinical and system project engagement, and stewardship plan; Develop and sustain relationships with NU and other campus partners to strengthen institutional knowledge and create opportunities for collaboration to philanthropically support patient and program needs at NM; Develop goals and objectives for self and direct reports which are aligned with NMF strategic initiatives and/or organizational goals and institute measures for goal attainment; Identify, support and develop high-functioning team members through accessibility, accountability and communication. Provide clear guidance allowing team members to excel individually as well as together as a cohesive unit with shared goals; Develop individual goals for each direct report and conduct regular progress meetings and formal performance evaluations; prepare and maintain documentation to support any progressive corrective action; Prepare operating and capital budgets designed to meet individual, departmental and organizational strategies and goals; recommend and implement new initiatives and improvements to existing programs; will utilize meaningful metrics to assess outcomes and achieve goals; Monitor financial performance versus operating budget and ensure that payroll and accounts payable invoices are reviewed, approved, coded and processed on a timely basis; Oversee donor restricted funds and serve as a liaison to fund managers, hospital administrators and donors; Support fundraising efforts of affiliated organizations and other volunteer partners where appropriate; Oversee a team focused on sponsorship procurement and logistical production of fundraising, stewardship and cultivation events; Participate in professional development opportunities to continuously strengthen leadership capabilities; Exemplify the NM values of patients first, integrity, excellence and teamwork; Maintain organization-wide and departmental policies and procedures relevant to areas of responsibility; Ensure departmental compliance with regulations, statutes and other applicable laws regarding operations and record retention; Perform other duties as assigned. AA/EOE.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- A minimum of six years in nonprofit fundraising or related field with a proven track record.
- Prior staff, budget and operational management experience.
- A high degree of professionalism, sensitivity, and integrity must be combined with an excellent attention to detail and organizational and communication skills (oral and written) to effectively communicate philanthropic opportunities.
- The ability to earn the confidence of a wide range of internal and external constituents and to network within a professional, corporate environment.
- Must be able to multi-task, remain organized and demonstrate a high level of initiative and energy both individually and as a team member within a fast-paced and performance-based environment.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, strong initiative, the ability to prioritize in order to meet deadlines, the flexibility needed to accomplish multiple objectives and projects, and ability to exercise good judgment.
- Must be comfortable developing personal relationships with donors and responsibility for keeping team involved at all times.
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in fundraising.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Raiser's Edge database.
- Advanced degree.
- Strong preference for prior healthcare fundraising experience.
- Experience with Raiser's Edge database.
- Public speaking and presentation skills.