This is a full-time position for our Marianjoy location in Wheaton.
Values, Patient Satisfaction and Organizational Excellence:
- Leads by example: models NM Values of Patient First, Integrity, Teamwork and Excellence in daily work and interactions.
- Stays informed of current and emerging issues and trends for areas of accountability, Marianjoy organization and healthcare industry. Communicates and educates leaders and staff on requirements, changes, advances in practice, opportunities and projections for the future.
- Creates an environment of partnership, collaboration, streamlines quality and service enhancements across teams, departments and divisions of the organization.
- Facilitates an atmosphere of open communication and problem solving; identifies and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates knowledge and sound judgment in making administrative decisions, serves as a respected resource to other staff members regarding complex, stressful situations.
- Sets clear expectations for continuous quality and service improvement. Uses internal and external benchmark data and best practices to establish specific targets, timelines and metrics for improvement projects.
- Communicates customer service expectations and resources to staff. In collaboration with Patient Experience Committee, plans on-going staff education to support a Patient First, Safety Always culture. Assist with patient service recovery as indicated to ensure concerns are resolved.
- Assures adherence to professional/legal standards of clinical practice as established by the State of Illinois and discipline-specific national organizations.
Business Growth and Operational Management:
- Manages the process for defining, developing and allocating the resources required by IP Therapy Services.
- Assists Therapy Operations Leadership team with budget development.
- Practices fiscal accountability, encourages staff and team accountability by involving them in budget preparation, identifying ideas for increasing efficiency, cost savings, develop and growing services.
- Measures and monitors budget and business development plans; provides ongoing updates to staff.
- Coordinates the development of forecasts and resources requirements for IP therapy services and programs.
- Achieves or exceeds budget and business growth and profitability targets.
- Assures that Rehabilitation Services cost center budget monitoring processes are in place and action plans implemented to address variances outside of the established budget. Evaluates overall operational performance and makes recommendations for change.
- Ensures support for compliance with applicable governing, regulating an accrediting bodies, licensure, laws and regulations.
- Manages and monitors, in conjunctions with the medical leadership, effectiveness of program protocols and daily operations.
- With assistance from therapy managers and SME's, proactively facilitates the development and monitoring of efficient, accurate and concise documentation of therapy services within patient medical records.
- Ensures all equipment is checked and functions as appropriate/scheduled (in therapy gyms and charting areas).
- Actively participates in local, state and national professional and rehabilitation organizations
- Presents at local, state and national professional events and at colleges and universities.
- Represents Marianjoy on national accreditation teams, commissions and/or advisory boards.
- Demonstrates a visible working style, acts in a manner that is consistent with and shows commitment to the Values and leadership competencies.
- Is a Change Agent- Facilitates change readiness among staff and departments and is results driven.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively across departments and system teams; within all levels of management; with patie3ns, visitors and internal/external customers.
- Asks for staff input, encourages diverse perspective and solutions, drawing from staff, peers, physicians, patients and other key stakeholders. Ask for staff input
- Mentors others to continuously increase the competence of the Rehab Services Operational Team and staff. Works with teams to increase their expertise on financial analysis and process improvement.
- Maintains current and open communication with VP Operations regarding status, progress and needs of team.
- Facilitates effective, well organized meetings, establishes objectives for each meeting, and follows through on actions/decisions reached.
- Carries out normal supervisory duties and responsibilities, such as interviewing and hiring subordinates, conducting performance appraisals and granting merit pay increases, adjudicating requests for time off or other employee requests, adjudicating formal grievances or responding to other individual employee concerns, recognizing employee accomplishments, etc.
- Supports ongoing learning and skill development, including identifying stretch goals, cross-training and other opportunities for development. Works with educators to implement effective educational programming.
- With the support of an in coordination with the Human Resources function, maintains positive personnel relations and strives to make the organization an employer of choice by ensuring that associate questions and concerns are addressed responsively.
- Ensures that performance management programs for staff are effectively administered and that all staff receives on-going feedback and coaching on job performance, competencies, values-based behaviors and developmental needs. Addresses gaps in performance as they occur with clear action plans and timelines for improvement.
- Holds staff accountable for follow through and results.
- Manages and evaluates personnel through ongoing performance review and timely, constructive feedback. Ensures that staff are clinically competent to perform patient care; follows up on learning needs or performance problems.
Compliance and Privacy:
- Ensures that policies and procedures of Marianjoy and NMHC regarding corporate compliance and privacy of patient and associate information are observed.
- Personally models professional confidentiality and discretion in all communications and exchanges of information.
Direct Patient Care and Other Duties as Assigned:
- May Deliver direct patient care in accordance to discipline specific job description (PT/OT/SLP).
- Carries out other duties and special assignments as delegated by the supervisor.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in clinical field (OT, PT or SLP)
- Master's Degree in relevant field (of equivalent experience and demonstrated ability, e.g. MHS, MBA, MPT, MOT)
- 10 years of clinical experience
- 5-7 years prior management experience
- Licensed in State of Illinois by the IL State Department of Financial and Professional Regulation
- Current CPR
- Strong analytical, problem solving, process improvement/ project management skills
- Expertise in financial planning, operations and technical skills including database knowledge and statistics
- Knowledge of state, federal, and professional practice laws, regulations and licensing requirements
- Knowledge of current healthcare reimbursement methodology, program development and process improvement
- Advanced proficiency with computer skills and use of reporting tools (Excel, Epic etc0.
- Certification in specialized area