A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We're a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Distribution Coordinator position supervises the finished goods distribution operations, including case pick operations, bulk loading, and receiving.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedules appropriate labor to meet daily workload demands of business and achieve on-time, accurate order shipping and receiving
- Generates and reviews daily reports to determine daily and weekly workload volumes
- Evaluates and resolves business and technical issues with Warehouse Management System, equipment, and facility
- Provides visible leadership in warehouse management and ensures that technicians are actively involved in improving warehouse performance while setting appropriate targets and departmental objectives
- Manages administrative tasks involved with approving time-off requests, maintaining attendance books, writing performance evaluations, conducting counseling sessions, and facilitating weekly departmental meetings
- Administers departmental Action Register process improvement program in an effort to continually improve performance in the areas of safety, efficiency, accuracy, and housekeeping
- Conduct daily walk-through of distribution center to evaluate and address housekeeping needs
- Interacts with vendors in coordinating equipment service or repairs, and places orders for supplies
- Conducts departmental safety training, new hire training, and cross-trains team members in various positions within the DC in order to achieve optimum workforce flexibility
- Evaluates processes and establishes SOP's to foster and achieve ongoing improvements within the DC operation
- Supervises and provides development and training for technicians and support team
- Accurately and consistently manages forklift pre-operation checklist process in verifying the completion of all pre-shift inspections, and ensures regulatory compliance with assets of Company
- Conducts interviews and makes recommendations for candidates in new hire process and for temporary labor
- Actively promotes teamwork and a participative approach to running a business and directly resolves people issues successfully
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Regular and predictable attendance is required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities :
- Proven ability to manage in a dynamic distribution operation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational/time management skills
- Effectively interact with individuals at all levels of the organization and successfully resolve people/business issues
- Demonstrate initiative in delivering results
- Ability to prioritize competing requirements in a fast-paced environment and provide direction to work team
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to operate a computer with proficiency with MS Office
- Demonstrate ambiguity to change
Education and Experience :
- Bachelor's degree preferred with a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in a distribution/warehousing environment.
- Additional years of relevant experience required in lieu of college degree, HS diploma required.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Familiarity with warehouse management systems and Enterprise Operating Systems such as SAP, Oracle, or JE Edwards strongly desired.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/