Analyze transportation and distribution methods and processes for delivering customer freight based that meets established service and cost requirements. Schedules and coordinates the distribution of freight in the most economically advantageous manner based on an evaluation of freight classifications, tariff rates, operating capabilities, capacity commitments, and concurrent with delivery schedules and deadlines. Coordinates accounts payable processing for payment through off-site vendor.
- Closely monitors production schedules and work orders.
- Schedules and coordinates the distribution of freight in the most economically advantageous manner.
- Creates outbound distribution plans and dispatches assigned customer freight.
- May negotiate carrier rates.
- Coordinates account payable processing.
- Monitor workflow and process.
- Maintain working knowledge of US Postal rates and regulations.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- HS diploma or equivalent with 2-4 years of relevant administrative/operational support in manufacturing operations or office environment directly related to the duties of the job, OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of work experience.
- Requires very good knowledge of general administrative/manufacturing operations procedures and knowledge of job specific processes to successfully execute and complete the more progressive/complex duties of the job.
- Ability to follow company policy and understand any rules or regulations governing the work being completed and impact work has on department or company.
- Must have very good knowledge of technology to include computers and software programs such as MS Office or MAC word processing, spreadsheets or other programs specific to the job in order to complete duties successfully.
- Requires good knowledge of multiple functions or areas of the business in which there is frequent contact with while completing daily work assignments of the job.
- Must have very good oral and written communication skills sufficient to explain departmental policy, methods and/or procedures when completing assignments.
- Requires very good organizational skills sufficient to accomplish work by established deadlines and ability to coordinate phases of work with others.
Demonstrated application of knowledge of distribution concepts, practices and procedures.
- Must have knowledge of USPS rates and regulations. Knowledge of transportation carriers and customary rates.