Job Summary and Primary Responsibilities
Sales Associate - Denver, CO
NuVasive Distributor - Compass Innovations
If you are interested in this role please contact Travis Williams
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
NuVasive is an innovative medical device company focused on developing minimally disruptive surgical products and procedurally integrated solutions for the spine. The Company is the 3rd largest player in the $8.2 billion global spine market. With a focus on Speed of Innovation®, Absolute Responsiveness®, and Superior Clinical Outcomes, we are revolutionizing how spine procedures are performed on patients around the world.
Why should you join NuVasive?
Over $1 B in 2018 revenue, we are continuing to climb at 7% revenue growth with a presence in over 50 countries and 2600 employees. This is THE place to start a career, to accelerate your careers, and have a larger relative impact than anywhere else you have worked.
Why should you join the Sales team?
As NuVasive continues to grow, we need top sales rock stars to achieve the revenue and product mix requirements for their territories. Join a team that works with top surgeons to provide innovative solutions to back pain and spine surgery.
The Sales Associate is responsible for providing a wide variety of field sales support within an assigned geography while developing to become a sales specialist.
- Develop the required technical, clinical and sales competencies through the completion of the sales associate development program in order to qualify and meet the expectations of becoming a Sales Specialist within 18-24 months
- Provide coordination and logistic support in properly ordering, transporting, setting up and reassembling surgical instrument sets inside sterile processing departments at hospitals and surgery centers.
- Act as a product support consultant to surgeons and operating room staff during surgical procedures in the safe and proper use of NuVasive® products and related surgical techniques.
- Support and contribute to the growth of revenues in assigned Sales Specialists territories through delegated business development activities with surgeons, hospitals and related staff.
- Work extended, off normal work hours with flexibility in being able to adjust personal schedule
Required Skills / Capabilities
- Associates degree
- 2+ years in general business to business sale
- Must be able to provide after hours and weekend case support, as necessary
- Proactive mindset with the dexterity to quickly make sense of complex issues while managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Highly organized with the capacity to prioritize in a deadline-oriented environment
- Knowledge of utilizing computers/tablets with familiarity to work in customer relationship management tools and the Microsoft suite of products
- Competency to learn and effectively articulate technical product knowledge and medical terminology in discussions with customers
- Aptitude to handle rejection and eliminate roadblocks; rarely give up and try different approaches when the first solution doesn't work
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 1+ year in medical device sales
- Have a science and/or technical background or aptitude
For roles that require access to hospital facilities, must be eligible for and maintain credentials at all required hospitals, including meeting any applicable physical requirements or vaccination requirements (including the COVID-19 vaccine, as applicable).
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The "EEO is the Law" poster options are available here . NuVasive's EEO policy is available here .
About NuVasive NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, with a mission to transform surgery, advance care, and change lives. The Company's less-invasive, procedurally integrated surgical solutions are designed to deliver reproducible and clinically proven outcomes. The Company's comprehensive procedural portfolio includes surgical access instruments, spinal implants, fixation systems, biologics, software for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative neuromonitoring technology and service offerings. With more than $1 billion in net sales, NuVasive has approximately 2,700 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals, and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com .